Kebonnix 12-egg Incubator Thread

View attachment 3435261
Here my kebonnix is showing 99.5 but the mini thermometer inside showing 96
Did you calibrate the one inside?

I set my kebonnix at 100 since it seemed just a half degree below the electronic one when I tested it, since then my calibrated thermometer on the inside has shown between 98 & 99.5. The lower it is in the incubator, the lower the temp shows in my experience in any incubator. So I try to put it at egg height if I can.

Only complaint is there is very little space to put in another thermometer/hydrometer.
Space is tight in these little incubators but the Govee fits perfectly on top of the reservoir.
20230318_102229.jpg

Did you calibrate the one inside?

I set my kebonnix at 100 since it seemed just a half degree below the electronic one when I tested it, since then my calibrated thermometer on the inside has shown between 98 & 99.5. The lower it is in the incubator, the lower the temp shows in my experience in any incubator. So I try to put it at egg height if I can.
I’m not sure how to know if a thermometer is accurate or not. So I don’t know if the little mini is correct or if the Kebonnix one is correct. And if I need to adjust Kebonnix I don’t really know how to do that either haha

I’m not sure how to know if a thermometer is accurate or not. So I don’t know if the little mini is correct or if the Kebonnix one is correct. And if I need to adjust Kebonnix I don’t really know how to do that either haha
Usually a thermoter is calibrated using an ice water mixture. Obviously not practical for an incubator, or the little electronic jobs. If you have an oven style quick read digital probe thermometer (and you should if you cook), you can insert it thru the the hole for humidity control and get a good temp read.

You can put it in a waterproof ziploc baggie (not generic, you don’t want any leaks). Flatten so no air is in it. Fill a cup w ice and add water. Wait about 15 minutes. Add the baggie w the thermometer, & barely submerge. After about 10 minutes, check how close it is to 32. Sometimes in the baggie it will be a half a degree higher than it should. If it reads 30, you know your thermometer is reading lower than it should, and you should add 2-3 degrees to it in your head when you check the temp.

You can put it in a waterproof ziploc baggie (not generic, you don’t want any leaks). Flatten so no air is in it. Fill a cup w ice and add water. Wait about 15 minutes. Add the baggie w the thermometer, & barely submerge. After about 10 minutes, check how close it is to 32. Sometimes in the baggie it will be a half a degree higher than it should. If it reads 30, you know your thermometer is reading lower than it should, and you should add 2-3 degrees to it in your head when you check the temp.
Thank you!

Welp, the mini only got down to 36.5 . But if I assume it’s reading 4 points higher, then that means the Kebonnix thermometer is like 8 degrees off. Which surely that’s not the case View attachment 3435406
Keep it in a bit longer…if it just came out of the incubator it might take awhile to hit the stabilized temp. If it keeps going lower .1 every few minutes or so, it isn’t done lowering yet! 😊

Back
Top Bottom