Large Tumor (reproductive or liver)

RainValleyFarm

Songster
Mar 4, 2021
Lexington Kentucky
My favorite hen has a very large tumor, confirmed by the vet. But there is nothing we can do but keep her comfortable - surgery is risky and looking around 6-8k, which I couldn't do.
Im wondering if anyone has tried any holistic remedies that worked to shrink the tumor?
The vet said it is likely benign since she is completely comfortable and has had it for almost a year. It was small for a long time, but has gotten very large in the past few months. It is starting to put pressure on her breathing. So, of course, euthanasia is on the mind. But I would love to try some thing holistic/natural before making that decision

Thank you

I have one with the same problem and have been giving her Meloxicam that the vet prescribed - basically they said make her comfortable until she says it’s time. She’s still eating and interacting with the flock but she’s slowing down and I feel sorry for her.

I saw a thread about external tumors where people were using serrapeptase (can buy on Amazon) for external tumors and I’m going to give it a shot.

I have one with the same problem and have been giving her Meloxicam that the vet prescribed - basically they said make her comfortable until she says it’s time. She’s still eating and interacting with the flock but she’s slowing down and I feel sorry for her.

I saw a thread about external tumors where people were using serrapeptase (can buy on Amazon) for external tumors and I’m going to give it a shot.
I hadn't thought about that, I have meloxicam for my arthritic duck and could maybe give her some.
I did reach out to a company called NHV natural pet products and they were very helpful. They had a product with wonderful reviews for shrinking tumors in cats and dogs. But unfortunately it's not safe for birds. So they recommended their tumeric and milk thistle - so I ordered that and I'm waiting for it to come in.
I previously used cbd for another hen with a tumor but it didn't help - though her tumor was much smaller but her health was much worse from it, so I'm guessing hers was cancerous.

I'll have to do a little more research on the serrapeptase. A quick google search says it was successful used for rapid growth in broiler birds

Back
Top Bottom