Larkwell Valley (2023)

I have two plans, but you're probably not going to like one of them. Yes, you can move it into a bigger pot. Try not to mess with the root ball is what I'd say. Make sure that all the point in the stem that once were leaves, are now calloused over
What's the other plan?

My thought was to just plop him out once the soil is a bit drier and easier to come out and just put him in a larger pot with new soil shimmied around him and up a bit more of his stem

Yeah. He was another one I hid when working. He and another large one had some damage from their leaves being forced against the old pot rims. The other large one I took home ended up having the damaged leaves snap off when I was moving him to his terracotta. I have them drying now, to see if I can sprout anything from them. I still have to find out what that one is though. He just had an assortment tag

What's the other plan?

My thought was to just plop him out once the soil is a bit drier and easier to come out and just put him in a larger pot with new soil shimmied around him and up a bit more of his stem

The other plan is to chop the stem in half, let the part that just has the stem in the current pot to grow more pups. The part that has no roots and an open wound, let callous over for a couple of days, then put it in a pot with soil. Water after 3 days. That way you'll have two succulents, and not a single one of them will be leggy.

Yup, that's exactly what I'd do if I went with plan number two

Last edited:
The other plan is to chop the stem in half, let the part that just has the stem in the current pot to grow more pups. The part that has no roots and an open wound, let callous over for a couple of days, then put it in a pot with soil. Water after 3 days. That way you'll have two succulents, and not a single one of them will be leggy.

Yup, that's exactly what I'd do if I went with plan number two
So he's leggy because he needed more sun possibly? They all kinda looked like him in the picture, so I thought he just looked like that normally?

So he's leggy because he needed more sun possibly? They all kinda looked like him in the picture, so I thought he just looked like that normally?

Sedum are not as leggy as yours, but that's not to say that yours etiolated. It could just be that it was growing normally, and for some reason had its bottom leaves plucked. Depending on the exact Sedum you got, the lack of sun stressing on the leaves means that it might enjoy some more sun

Sedum are not as leggy as yours, but that's not to say that yours etiolated. It could just be that it was growing normally, and for some reason had its bottom leaves plucked. Depending on the exact Sedum you got, the lack of sun stressing on the leaves means that it might enjoy some more sun
Okay. I'll put it back in the window tonight, I was trying to get everyone set on the counter last night so I could go to bed.

It definitely looked like leaves had been plucked. I went ahead and repotted it and buried most of the stem so it's a bit shorter

Yes, yes they are! I gather this is your brooder?
Hopefully just for the first week until they stabilize. I want to get them on the ground as soon as I can, but I need to see the calls in person and I'll have to wait until they're big enough they aren't at risk from mice. The metal is secure enough that they can't climb up into it, so I'll keep them at least that first day in there.

Back
Top Bottom