Looking for ways to attach chicken wire to chainlink!

SSO202

Songster
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Hartwood, VA 22406
I have been using small guage wire and wrapping it through the chicken wire and then through the chainlink on the kennel frame. I have sometimes cut the chicken wire in spots and intertwined it into the chainlink. My fingers are about raw from the wire. Any other suggestions?

what about using plastic zip ties? samll ones are not that expensive to buy and you can get them at any hardware store

Two years ago my neighbors chickens (they had about 60 then) kept getting into my garden & eating my corn plants. They helped me put up a 5' chicken wire fence around my garden last year. I had to attach the wire to the "T" posts & I did it with zip ties.
Gosh was that easy or what???
So when I put a fence up around the girl's hen house I used the zip ties to attach the 5' poultry wire to the existing chain link 4' fence. Easy up and easy down if I want.
Also this year my girls are going over the 4' chain link to the neighbors and then can't figure out how to get back home. So I have clipped on wing on each of the girls and added 3' poultry fencing to the 4' chain link....again easy up and easy down if need be.
Zip ties are the best invention since sliced bread!!

wee.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:
I agree with the hog rings, or you could use the wire you're already using and use a small pair of pliers to wrap it, saves the fingers lots of pain.

I used zip ties, too. People say they won't last, and I believe them, but they were so easy (and relatively inexpensive) so I won't mind replacing them as they wear out. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom