Male or female? And helpful tips on having ducks.

DuckDuckGoatFarm

Hatching
Feb 21, 2023
I have 3, 7 week old ducks. Rouen, kahki Campbell and Blue swedish. I am pretty sure the Rouen is a male but not dure about the other 2. I have them mostly for eggs, and for my kids. Also any advise on down the road letting them hatch out a few eggs? If I have any females😅

Attachments

• 20230221_081843.jpg
    20230221_081843.jpg
    887.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230221_084348.jpg
    20230221_084348.jpg
    603.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230221_084347.jpg
    20230221_084347.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 13
The cambell is the only one that makes more than just the baby peeps. Its is loud and I belive more of a regular quack than a raspy hoarse quack.
When i had to determine the sex of three of mine i would put each one separately in a kennel to get them to quack. Other ducks nearby so duck in kennel could hear them Worked great for me just a thought

I'm still not sure. I'm pretty sure the kahki is a female, the rouen is a male. But I have no clue on the blue swedish!
I have "one of each" of the KC, and someone said the top of the end is darker or lighter based on gender, but unless you have one of each "lighter" is hard to gauge.

The adult males have paler feet and bills...

Girls are dark all over to hide with the eggs, and gosh! There are times I know she is in the garden and I don't see her.

I have two Khaki Campbell Hens and had one Drake that I rehomed. They both had bright orange legs, the Drake and Hen that I got from Rural King at the same time. My other Hen I got at 3 months old from a fella has brown legs. One is more of a Chocolate color so her name is Chocolate and the other one more of a Buff color so her name of course is Buffy. I think they can all be a little different since my Hens are so different from each other but both quack their heads off rather loudly.

Back
Top Bottom