Manitoba Members

Kenton area.

Sorry, skidoolady, I have no extra POL. What breeds are you hoping to find?

I just got some black JG chicks a week or so ago. They are presently in the dining room. :S I was told some are pure (which is what I insisted on...I wanted no crosses), but others are a cross with black copper. I can tell so far that 2 are crosses (copper lacing on some feathers), but the rest are not clear. She have me some extra just in case there were some crosses...but two were obviously crosses when they went into the box. :(

Pink legs on some, not much yellow on foot bottoms...more pink (although I have read that the amount of yellow coloring can differ), variations in beak color, some with differing white patterns on incoming feathers. They are growing well, and healthy, but I am finding it quite stressful trying to figure out who's who. I wonder if I caught them and looked for yellow skin, if that could help identify the real JGS from the others? Does anyone know if I have to wait until they are more mature to find out their true identities?

I have pics of the JG parents. The black copper parentage of the crosses is irrelevant to me as those will get eaten/sold. The parents look good, but I still don't have any of the bottoms of their feet to check how much color was there. I have read that on hens it will lighten if they are in heavy lay.

Blkjak, I am still wanting your muscovy drake if you still have him...and some pb JG chicks from you whenever you have some. I have arranged to get some from another friend too once they are hatching.

My blue JG rooster had his tips freeze off. Otherwise, he is as majestic and huge as ever. LOVE him!

I now have a new RIR rooster for my hens and a new black copper roo too. :)

Anyone looking for a gentle buff orpington rooster? His name is Wyatt Orp...

Finally got the lane cleaned out. Shovelled mountains of snow to get into the coop yesterday and today. Crazy weather!
Yes I still have a drake for you. Whenever works best for you. If anyone else is looking for a 2016 Muscovy drake I have another one looking for his own batch of girls. Gray and white.
Where did you get your chicks, niglefritz? I have not penned my hens yet to get pb chicks. My blue roo lost his tips also but still looks good. I have a nice black rooster also, though not as tall as i would like. But have lots of cockerels that are showing promise. 1 black cockerel which is severel inches taller than the pullets. Going into the breeding season with 7 hens and 16 pullets so I should be ok.
My bators are already up and running with shipped eggs. Chicks set to hatch next week and goslings set to hatch at the beginning of April.
Fun fun fun.

Haha...we walk over the snow for the most part. Our lane is pushed by the tractor. The snowplow sure made a nice plume of snow as it went past on the road!

I got my chicks from northeast of Neepawa. I wish that I asked more questions first. Oh well, live and learn. I have now been educating the seller...I hope she is listening as not everyone is aware of everything now are they? I am always learning...

Are all your hens & pullets that you mentioned JG?

What little guys are you waiting on? Waiting & curious...

Yes 7 hens and 17 pullets (cant even count them right), all JGs.
Bought a second incubator last week, in it are Embedon goose eggs. Other incubator has Orpington(lemon and lavender)eggs, AM eggs(green and blue), Maran(FBC maran and White) and Euskal Oilas eggs with 1 Turken.

These ones came from a breeder in Ontario, 5 good embryos. I have ordered a dozen Lemon Orp eggs from a breeder in Beausejour for the middle of March.

Back
Top Bottom