Marking Eggs with Pens & Markers

violets812

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 6, 2012
Is it true that you should only use pencils to mark eggs?. I read that markers or pens would poison the baby inside. Thanks!

I agree with igotgoosed. Even if the babies hatch fine, you never know if they have some kind of internal problem (or maybe even a predisposition to cancer or other diseases) because of absorbing marker or ink chemicals.

I certainly am not recommending one method over another, but the sharpie marker did not bleed through the shell and the ink in the markers are non toxic (you won't get cancer from sucking on a Sharpie).

I wrote on my eggs with a normal pen I wonder what will happen I am really stressed out because all these messages I am reading and I am new at this so what must I do

I wrote on my eggs with a normal pen I wonder what will happen I am really stressed out because all these messages I am reading and I am new at this so what must I do
Your ok there is more lead in a pencil than ink. I used pencils this year and sharpies last year, Do not notice a difference. Except the pencil fades.

Back
Top Bottom