Multi/Bilingual Language Thread

What Language(s) Do You Speak? :0

• Total voters
EDIT I’m really interested in learning several languages. What y’all’s experience with that as well?
I am learning Swedish, Polish, and Spanish (with Duolingo). I already know Latin and English :).
It’s possible to learn several languages simultaneously but you have to take it slow, and notebooks become your best friend.
It seems to work best if you alternate languages every few days, rather than doing three different languages on the same day.
What languages do you want to learn?

I am learning Swedish, Polish, and Spanish (with Duolingo). I already know Latin and English :).
It’s possible to learn several languages simultaneously but you have to take it slow, and notebooks become your best friend.
It seems to work best if you alternate languages every few days, rather than doing three different languages on the same day.
Other than Korean, I am part Italian and plan on going to Italy one day, so Italian would be fun to learn! My dad is pretty fluent in Spanish so I’d like to learn that. I was debating on learning Latin, but considering it is sort of a dead language, is it worth it?
That’s all I was thinking of right now, I am pretty young, and my mind may change, but first I know I’m going to learn Korean and see how long it takes me, etc.

Other than Korean, I am part Italian and plan on going to Italy one day, so Italian would be fun to learn! My dad is pretty fluent in Spanish so I’d like to learn that. I was debating on learning Latin, but considering it is sort of a dead language, is it worth it?
That’s all I was thinking of right now, I am pretty young, and my mind may change, but first I know I’m going to learn Korean and see how long it takes me, etc.
I watch a lot of Kdramas and listen to a lot of Kpop myself. I've picked up some Korean just with that. Syntax is similar to Japanese, though you can definitely hear the Chinese influence too.

If you learn Latin, you can get the gist of most Latin based languages when they're written. I used to be fluent in French, and between that and the Latin classes I took in college, I can figure out most written Spanish, Portuguese, or Italian. I won't get the nuances, but I'll get the general idea.

How long does it take you with duolingo? I started out with that, but after two weeks of trying to complete 2 stones and going no where I switched.

How long does it take you with duolingo? I started out with that, but after two weeks of trying to complete 2 stones and going no where I switched.
Just FYI, DuoLingo is a decent extra practice, but I wouldn't use it as the only source for learning a language. I noticed a lot of stuff in the Japanese course that was very incomplete. Several example in DuoLingo, while used, were not the common use for a phrase or word. Take a class or get some highly rated books in addition. The books/classes will help you understand the syntax, while DuoLingo will help you get in the habit of using them.

Just FYI, DuoLingo is a decent extra practice, but I wouldn't use it as the only source for learning a language. I noticed a lot of stuff in the Japanese course that was very incomplete. Several example in DuoLingo, while used, were not the common use for a phrase or word. Take a class or get some highly rated books in addition. The books/classes will help you understand the syntax, while DuoLingo will help you get in the habit of using them.

:goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom