My first post

Yes, I'll se how many hatch and how I'm feeling by then ... she's a very character full bantam so I think she will need some supervision with the chicks to make sure she does take to them
Whenever I give mine chicks from the incubator, I slide in a chick along with the egg they hatched from. I'm not sure I'm fooling anyone, but I've not had any hens reject the chicks.

Thank you everyone who has replied and sorry to be so slow coming back.

My fiesty little broody is still broody and will not break... I've tried pretty hard over the last few days and she's determined as can be.

Yes all my hatching eggs are in the incubator... it's day 19 for me now and last night at candling 11 looked good, could see an air sac and they looked ok. Two looked pretty solid and I couldn't work them out. I've left them in the incubator and this morning one of those 2 has pipped!!! This seems pretty early to me.... I'm keeping an eye on it.

And as someone suggested yes I might give some chicks to my broody, will see what my hatch goes like. Thanks for advice everyone... I'm watching this early pipper like a hawk!!
I have had silkies pip as early as Day 18 and as late as Day 24, so nothing surprises me.

I've got another in broody jail. Some can be tough but generally I find it's four days. I put mine in a small pen on the gravel driveway by day, then by night back to the coop. In the morning, if they are in there after the rest are out, back to the broody jail for the day.

Wishing you a great hatch!! We'd love to see pictures! ❤️

I have had silkies pip as early as Day 18 and as late as Day 24, so nothing surprises me.

I've got another in broody jail. Some can be tough but generally I find it's four days. I put mine in a small pen on the gravel driveway by day, then by night back to the coop. In the morning, if they are in there after the rest are out, back to the broody jail for the day.

Wishing you a great hatch!! We'd love to see pictures! ❤️
Foe mine I exclude her from the house and run during the day. She's out on the grass with food and water. Or in a separate run with her house door shut. And night she joins the main house. But she's still broody. 6 weeks tmw but I've only actively been breaking her for 2 weeks

My chicks so far. Fluffy early was the first then the little exhausted dark one had only been out a few mins when I took this pic.

Attachments

• 20240529_071645.jpg
    20240529_071645.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom