My first post

Thank you everyone who has replied and sorry to be so slow coming back.

My fiesty little broody is still broody and will not break... I've tried pretty hard over the last few days and she's determined as can be.

Yes all my hatching eggs are in the incubator... it's day 19 for me now and last night at candling 11 looked good, could see an air sac and they looked ok. Two looked pretty solid and I couldn't work them out. I've left them in the incubator and this morning one of those 2 has pipped!!! This seems pretty early to me.... I'm keeping an eye on it.

And as someone suggested yes I might give some chicks to my broody, will see what my hatch goes like. Thanks for advice everyone... I'm watching this early pipper like a hawk!!

Thank you everyone who has replied and sorry to be so slow coming back.

My fiesty little broody is still broody and will not break... I've tried pretty hard over the last few days and she's determined as can be.

Yes all my hatching eggs are in the incubator... it's day 19 for me now and last night at candling 11 looked good, could see an air sac and they looked ok. Two looked pretty solid and I couldn't work them out. I've left them in the incubator and this morning one of those 2 has pipped!!! This seems pretty early to me.... I'm keeping an eye on it.

And as someone suggested yes I might give some chicks to my broody, will see what my hatch goes like. Thanks for advice everyone... I'm watching this early pipper like a hawk!!
Good luck with your hatch. I'd give the broody 3 to 6 chicks, or maybe all of them. Have fun, and keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom