New Member With a new to me flock

RCraft

In the Brooder
May 1, 2024
Hi my name is Ryne. I just got a flock of 8 birds two black jersey giants, four buff Orpington, and two Americaunas they were gave to me by a family friend whose kid lost interest in them. I raised some chickens once before, but lost them to predators. I joined this page so I could learn more and get questions I have answered and figured I have lurked on this site as a non member for the past month so now it’s time to join and learn more.

Hi my name is Ryne. I just got a flock of 8 birds two black jersey giants, four buff Orpington, and two Americaunas they were gave to me by a family friend whose kid lost interest in them. I raised some chickens once before, but lost them to predators. I joined this page so I could learn more and get questions I have answered and figured I have lurked on this site as a non member for the past month so now it’s time to join and learn more.
Welcome. This go-to site quickly becomes addictive. I'm sorry about you prior flock, but glad you have new ones. Everybody needs chickens! Americaunas are some of my faves. Enjoy your girls!

Many of us started out as lurkers (myself included) and quickly learned that it's so much more fun to be a fully participating member of this great community.

Your flock sounds lovely -- great colors, temperaments and eggs! Sorry your first go-round ended sadly, but here's to success this time!

Welcome to BYC, Ryne; it's good to meet you.

Back
Top Bottom