New to forum

oldmac

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 8, 2008
Summit, MS
I am new to the forum and after looking around this site is great. I love to read books for information but hands down this type of hands on information can't be beat. I live in Southwest Mississippi and I'm happy to find other members from my area posting. I hope to build a coop in time for the spring weather and would like to give chickens and some ducks a try. We have a 1/2 acre pond that gets duck weed in it every year and I'm hoping that some malards would be happy to eat it.

frow.gif
Welcome to BYC.

Welcome,

It is a good site, and the chicken world is excellent.

lol.... Enjoy the journey, you have loads of time to prepare for your Spring adventure.

Jena.

welcome-byc.gif

We have a 1/2 acre pond that gets duck weed in it every year and I'm hoping that some malards would be happy to eat it.

We have 2 ponds, 1/3 acre and 1/2 acre. The 1/2 acre pond we had problems with algae and the 1/3 acre pond we had problems with duckweed. We bought 100 feeder goldfish for each pond and they cleared up the weed problems.​

Thanks for the welcome everyone,

I like the idea about the gold fish Redoak but there are catfish in that pond that might like the gold fish idea better
wink.png
we are working on getting back to basics. We have a small garden that we work with an old Troy built mule tiller and a open barn for the horses. I just wonder who came up with the term just like in the good old days. It takes allot of work to keep up a small farm and I have to give credit to anyone that keeps animals, it takes a special kind of person and some hard work at times.

Back
Top Bottom