Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Spangled

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Mix-variety

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other (please post below)

Votes: 13 26.5%

• Total voters
This little guy is my first start into OEGBs and bantams in general. His name is Tator Tot, a BB Red OEGB.
View attachment 2793153View attachment 2793161View attachment 2793156View attachment 2793157
He is such a handsome little guy. How old is he? I'm reminded of my BBR OEGB rooster, Sage. He's a great guy. I have 3 OEGB Roosters and could listen to their crows all day and if I'm being honest, oftentimes I do because they love to crow. My BBR and my Gold Duckwing sound nearly identical but I can tell the difference from inside the house, by the length of the crow. I've got a lot of roosters and my daughter and I will play a game of guess the crow. Having a lot of boys means hearing a lot of crowing all day. I guess it's a good thing that I love it šŸ˜‚

He is lovely. Looks like my wheaten boy.

View attachment 2793228
Hi @Chicalina This is a handsome boy! If you have a moment, do you mind explaining the difference between BBR and wheaten? I'm not very experienced but I thought the only BBR had the red triangle on their wing feathers. I'm just hoping to learn more and figure this out. How old is your guy?

He is such a handsome little guy. How old is he? I'm reminded of my BBR OEGB rooster, Sage. He's a great guy. I have 3 OEGB Roosters and could listen to their crows all day and if I'm being honest, oftentimes I do because they love to crow. My BBR and my Gold Duckwing sound nearly identical but I can tell the difference from inside the house, by the length of the crow. I've got a lot of roosters and my daughter and I will play a game of guess the crow. Having a lot of boys means hearing a lot of crowing all day. I guess it's a good thing that I love it šŸ˜‚
Heā€™s 17 and a half weeks old right now. I can definitely tell the difference between my roosters, my other is an EE, so he has a louder/deeper crow. I have 4 silver laced wyandottes that ended up being all boys, but theyā€™re crows are different too. Iā€™m not planning on keeping them, though. I have a big 16 week old blue maran cockerel ā€” Blueberry ā€” that is terrified of Tator Tot and itā€™s hilarious. Tator doesnā€™t do much to him beyond half heartedly chasing him off.

I have a barnyard mix and I suspect half their heritage to be OEGB or Sebright. Iā€™m new with OEGB and Sebrights so donā€™t really have an eye for the characteristics that are giveaways Does it look to you like they have a duckwing thing going on? View attachment 2700898
I could see both OEGB and sebright in him, so Iā€™m not sure which is more likely. It looks like he has silkie ancestry?

Hi @Chicalina This is a handsome boy! If you have a moment, do you mind explaining the difference between BBR and wheaten? I'm not very experienced but I thought the only BBR had the red triangle on their wing feathers. I'm just hoping to learn more and figure this out. How old is your guy?
I didn't know the difference either and thought he was BBR, but someone knowledgeable on here told me that although they look very similar, if as a chick he was white/yellow then he is Wheaten, but if he was chipmunk as a chick then he is BBR. He was a white/yellow chick.
He is one of these, can't remember which one!

Attachments

• 20210516_194047.jpg
    20210516_194047.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 6
Heā€™s 17 and a half weeks old right now. I can definitely tell the difference between my roosters, my other is an EE, so he has a louder/deeper crow. I have 4 silver laced wyandottes that ended up being all boys, but theyā€™re crows are different too. Iā€™m not planning on keeping them, though. I have a big 16 week old blue maran cockerel ā€” Blueberry ā€” that is terrified of Tator Tot and itā€™s hilarious. Tator doesnā€™t do much to him beyond half heartedly chasing him off.
Blueberry and Tater got into a fight yesterday which was as hilarious as it sounds. And when I say fight, it was mostly umbrella swallowing, head bobbing and a few jump kicks ( mostly from Tater; Blueberry gave a few half kicks ). I regret that I wasnā€™t able to get my phone out fast enough, lol.

I didn't know the difference either and thought he was BBR, but someone knowledgeable on here told me that although they look very similar, if as a chick he was white/yellow then he is Wheaten, but if he was chipmunk as a chick then he is BBR. He was a white/yellow chick.
He is one of these, can't remember which one!
Thank you so much for sharing this with me. My little Sage was a brownish chipmunk in his younger days šŸ¤£ That's so interesting. I knew they looked very similar as adults but had no idea about the differences as chicks. Thanks again for the explanation. I really appreciate that šŸ’œ

Back
Top Bottom