PBA(Parrot Beak Asil/Aseel) USA, Project(And Discussion Thread)

If you're a fan of Oriental Gamefowl, & want a unique Breed?

• Total voters
I'm not seeing any evidence of any type of long tail anything in your birds. Would you mind explaining your thought process on this?
It's their son, his tail is uniquely full, & long which is uncommon for the Malay breed. His tail is still currently growing.

I can only give a description of what I'm seeing right now. If you want tail pictures I can get them later.

I'm gonna breed that trait forward, & also select offspring with shortest beaks.

This is one I don't quite get, they're Shamos, but are deemed different cause a few different features, like Shrimp Tail, Walnut comb, Split wing? Japanese class their birds weirdly.

Honestly they look like stumpy Bantam Malays too me.

In Japan, Shamo just basically means Gamefowl.

There are O Shamo and Chu Shamo, which are different weight classes of the large fowl Shamo. These are what are probably most like what we call the 'Shamo' breed here. Then there are Nankin Shamo, which are the bantam Shamo.

There are the Ko Shamo, which were bred to be purely ornamental, but to have the "spirit of the fighter" even though they were never actually used for that.

There is the Yamato Shamo, more commonly known here as Yamato Gunkei.

There are also the Kinpa, Yakida, and and Ehigo-Nankin Shamo, which are also counted as Shamo breeds.

So "Shamo" isn't really a breed in Japan. It's a class of fowl.

In Japan, Shamo just basically means Gamefowl.

There are O Shamo and Chu Shamo, which are different weight classes of the large fowl Shamo. These are what are probably most like what we call the 'Shamo' breed here. Then there are Nankin Shamo, which are the bantam Shamo.

There are the Ko Shamo, which were bred to be purely ornamental, but to have the "spirit of the fighter" even though they were never actually used for that.

There is the Yamato Shamo, more commonly known here as Yamato Gunkei.

There are also the Kinpa, Yakida, and and Ehigo-Nankin Shamo, which are also counted as Shamo breeds.

So "Shamo" isn't really a breed in Japan. It's a class of fowl.
I've also heard them called Japanese Aseels before. Would this be more correct?

I've heard of most of the names, except for Kinpa, Yakida, & Ehigo-Nankin Shamo.

All I am seeing in your male is a non-picked-out tail. I breed my Thai males for tails that are about as long as they are. My male recently lost his sickles so I can't show you. When he grows em' back I'll let you know.
Here is a pic of a longtailed asil (not my pic):
1667787785183.png

All I am seeing in your male is a non-picked-out tail. I breed my Thai males for tails that are about as long as they are. My male recently lost his sickles so I can't show you. When he grows em' back I'll let you know.
Here is a pic of a longtailed asil (not my pic):
View attachment 3315394
I know what their tails, look like. Looked at many pictures, & watched many videos. Just love them.

Not quite sure what you mean by a non-picked-out tail?

From what I gathered from my friend @nicalandia, is the short beaks are selectively bred down, to the desired length. So, I assume the tail is selected the same, but to be long instead of short.

Back
Top Bottom