Please help. I’m new to this.

Jbradley11

Hatching
May 1, 2023
My neighbor gave us some eggs for watching her house. We decided to put a few in the incubator and one hatch this morning. Unfortunately, it has something protruding out of its vent. This is the first time we have ever had chickens and I don’t know what to do. Can someone please help? Is there any saving this chicken? Also he seems strong and doing well, minus it’s behind.

Attachments

• 76E0DE22-EE39-4E19-8E64-BD21009B03BB.jpeg
    76E0DE22-EE39-4E19-8E64-BD21009B03BB.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 4
Thank you so much for the reply. I just put a dry paper towel in there. Gosh I’ve never been so nervous over anything before. This new chick is just so beautiful and I really want him to thrive.
That's his yolk sack, it looks like he hasn't quite finished absorbing it. Leave him in the incubator and put him on a dry paper towel. He should finish absorbing it soon, you'll see it go down.

Thank you so much for the reply. I just put a dry paper towel in there. Gosh I’ve never been so nervous over anything before. This new chick is just so beautiful and I really want him to thrive.
Thank you so much for the reply. I just put a dry paper towel in there. Gosh I’ve never been so nervous over anything before. This new chick is just so beautiful and I really want him to thri
That's his yolk sack, it looks like he hasn't quite finished absorbing it. Leave him in the incubator and put him on a dry paper towel. He should finish absorbing it soon, you'll see it go down.

Back
Top Bottom