Question of the Day - Monday, April 1st, 2024

Chickens and I go back a long way.
Historically, I think I've always known I would be a chicken tender.
Eventually... We got some.
Chronologically, I guess we've had them... 6 years now?
Kinda hard to remember a time when we didn't have them now.
Thankfully, we enjoy having them around and watching the circus.
Honestly, having a bit of food security and eggs is nice too.
Even though I doubt my family will ever actually eat one of them
Definitely love the variety and colors and watching them in the yard.
At some point I'd like to add a few more, when we have the space.
That's a goal/problem for future me, I suppose.
Everyone in the world should own chickens at some point in their lives

Chickens are in my blood. Maternal grand parents had a poultry farm. I have always been fascinated by anything with feathers and have owned/raised many species. At 4 years old my BIL took me to see a flock of performing rollers. They tell me I cried when we had to leave. Since then they have been my favorite feathered creature closely followed by canaries.

I got introduced to chicks almost 13 years ago when some spent the night at my house. Then, a month or so later, we were able to get our own. At that time, I don't think I had any say over keeping them (and I also got very sick after being exposed to them), but I fell right in love with them and have been keeping chickens ever since.

I came home from work and DH said “There’s a surprise in the basement, and they, yes I said they, so there are multiple, are really cute.” I was actually super mad, I did not want chickens although he had been talking about getting them for a long time. Two years later and I just LOVE them and never want a life without them!

Back
Top Bottom