Red Solo Cup

tlcmurphy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Sep 1, 2021
Atlanta, GA
As I was trying to round up my Jerk Chickens before the storm coming in tonight I was reminded of a failed social event from this summer.
If all else fails, my spoiled chooks will always come running when they see me come out back with their little red meal worm treat cup (about 1/4 cup in size). This summer we had rare company (that’s not family), unbeknownst to me hubby invited the guys out back with their beers to enjoy BBQing in GA’s mosquito infested summer glory. Next thing I know I hear squawking and see several adult men running around the back yard…
Moral of the story, let your hubby know the chickens are trained to ambush the color red before he goes out and buys red solo cups for the BBQ bash 🤦‍♀️ We are famous in at least 2 states now.

As I was trying to round up my Jerk Chickens before the storm coming in tonight I was reminded of a failed social event from this summer.
If all else fails, my spoiled chooks will alwa come running when they see me come out back with their little red meal worm treat cup (about 1/4 cup in size). This summer we had rare company (that’s not family), unbeknownst to me hubby invited the guys out back with their beers to enjoy BBQing in GA’s mosquito infested summer glory. Next thing I know I hear squawking and see several adult men running around the back yard…
Moral of the story, let your hubby know the chickens are trained to ambush the color red before he goes out and buys red solo cups for the BBQ bash 🤦‍♀️ We are famous in at least 2 states now.
I'm in the best state too! What part are you in?

Thanks, I'm in the Vidalia area. And, though this is like to get you hanged in these parts: I don't like BBQ!
Getting swarmed by chickens sounds terrifying!
I’m NJ born and bred and don’t get the BBQ thing myself. Watching guys running around the yard while I’m yelling “Don’t run, they’ll only think you have meal worms!” Is something I won’t soon forget 🤣

Last edited:
🤣🤣 That's funny! Yes, chickens are attracted to the color red - and I have also found to high vis yellow - or bright yellow. That's why I don't use/wear either of those colors in the chickens sights.
With 17 roosters, you really don't know if they are going to be okay with you or raging war and playing big rooster chase!

Back
Top Bottom