Roosters feet?

Tpackage

Songster
7 Years
Apr 4, 2017
So here is an image of my roosters red feet. They became like this in the last week. Any ideas of what this may be? He is walking a bit funny. We soaked them today in some epsom salts. No open wounds on the bottom or anywhere. He seems normal.
IMG_20240515_144118.jpg

Someone else had this problem on here with their rooster. It is believed to be a hormonal thing. Think of it like how male birds have brighter coloring in mating season. That is kind of what it is. It should not be any harm to him.

Is he a Speckled Sussex? The ither person with the problem had a Speckled Sussex rooster as well. It may be prevalent in that breed because of how pale the Speckled Sussex legs are.

Someone else had this problem on here with their rooster. It is believed to be a hormonal thing. Think of it like how male birds have brighter coloring in mating season. That is kind of what it is. It should not be any harm to him.

Is he a Speckled Sussex? The ither person with the problem had a Speckled Sussex rooster as well. It may be prevalent in that breed because of how pale the Speckled Sussex legs are.
My roo's legs get reddish too.

Does it happen during spring/summer? Does he have paler legs? Speckled Sussexes have pale pinkish legs. I am sure it can happen to ones with pale yellow/whitish legs too.

Whenever it happens it looks like sunburn but thankfully it isn't and it is nothing to worry about!
Yes, I think it happens on and off. His legs are all yellow.
1715869586000.png

Thanks for the reassurance!!!!

Back
Top Bottom