Roster Losing Feathers

RebeccaSilkies

In the Brooder
Jan 13, 2024
So my Roster has been losing his chest feathers and I don't know why. It's my first time keeping a roster he is an Australia astrolorp. I have two pictures the one of him outside was taken on March 22 and the other was taken on April 7. Is this normal? He's the only roster and I haven't see the hens picking on him. He seems relatively normal other than the missing feathers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240430_201312.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_201312.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20240430_201235_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_201235_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 2
Have you observed the other hens picking out any of his feathers or grooming him? Some birds will sit or stand there and let others do that. What is his age? They normally start molting around 16-18 months of age, and then once a year thereafter. They may start moting under the neck and loose tail feathers. Do you see any of his feathers lying around the coop or run?

I haven't seen the other chickens picking out any feathers or grooming him. I have noticed that there are some of his tail feathers and more of his feathers in general in the coop and run. He is about a year old.

Have you observed the other hens picking out any of his feathers or grooming him? Some birds will sit or stand there and let others do that. What is his age? They normally start molting around 16-18 months of age, and then once a year thereafter. They may start moting under the neck and loose tail feathers. Do you see any of his feathers lying around the coop or run?
I haven't seen the other chickens picking out any feathers or grooming him. I have noticed that there are some of his tail feathers and more of his feathers in general in the coop and run. He is about a year old.

Back
Top Bottom