Runner duckling colors?( update with new pics. on pg. 3 )

Quote:
I didn't know ducks shrunk! lol.
lol.png

Can't wait to see how they look in a few weeks! I love runners.
smile.png

Quote:
I didn't know ducks shrunk! lol.
lol.png

Can't wait to see how they look in a few weeks! I love runners.
smile.png

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I just noticed that, LOL

Ducks certainly do not SHRINK, in fact they double in size right before your eyes
lol.png

Here's an update pic of them together when they were just a bit bigger.

87211_dscn2909.jpg

They are huge now but I don't have any good pics of them.

The white one(Duncan) is without a doubt a pekin
lol.png

The smaller one is starting to make me question whether or not it is a runner either. It completely gave up standing straighter and looks like any other big floppy half grown duckling, and looks to be growing a completely brown suit of feathers.
hu.gif

Will post better pics tomorrow.
thumbsup.gif

Look to me like a fawn/white and a silver. Silvers are unusual and GORGEOUS. They are the product of a cross between any two birds in the blue spectrum (not black): blue x blue, blue x silver, or silver x silver. Starts with a black gene (or two), topped with TWO doses of the blue dilution--one from each parent--and ta-da, you get silver.

Could also be a fawn/white crossed with a blue, which will sometimes produce a silver-ish bird sometimes referred to as lavender.

Both colors (fawn/white and silver) are standard colors, but if you cross them they will create non-standard colors, because they're not in the same color family.

They are both very cute ducks!!
big_smile.png

Here are some update pics:

87211_dscn4341.jpg

87211_dscn4343.jpg

87211_dscn4337.jpg

The smaller one with the purplish beak has developed lighter mottled feathers on her back, her belly is a uniform khaki color.
I think shes gonna be a fawn runner...
wink.png

Last edited:
Does anyone else think that the "Pekin"'s head shape looks a bit more Runnerish than a normal Pekin? It's got quite a straight line from beak up to around the eyes. Could it possibly be a Runner crossed with a Pekin? I don't have Pekin's so I'm no expert, just a thought...

I'm fairly sure he's a pekin, he has grown much faster and bigger than all my other ducks, fatter by far and none of the runner straightness

The other I'm am thinking is a fawn runner but with bad conformation. Sometimes she stands nice at tall but half the time she looks like any other duck...
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom