Runny poo

Claire_Bear

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 3, 2007
Garrison
My 7 week old chicks have runny poo, but sometimes it's normal, but most time it's runny. They are outside every day since they were like 4 weeks old.What is wrong, I REALLY hope they dont have worms. I need help. My babies are everthing to me!!!

Last edited:
Please help the chickie mama!
D.gif

the best thing you can do for your chicks is to take a poo sample to your vet and have it checked so if you need meds you can be assured of the appropriate one... (anything else is just a guess...cocci is so very common and yet worms could also be possible... without knowing more details even a guess isnt really possible)

An occasional runny poo is completely normal.

That said, I will tell you that with my group I noticed any stress will give them all runny poo for a little while. For instance, when they were little I had brought them into the kitchen and turned them loose so we could bond with them. They all had runny poo. When I would move them out of the brooder box to clean it, they would all have runny poo. I was REALLY worried, and searched all of Diana's links. Really drove myself into a panic. Then.. I watched them for a little while. I noticed once they had all calmed back down (might take 1/2 hr or so) poops all returned to normal.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

-Meghan

Back
Top Bottom