HappyChick101

In the Brooder
May 9, 2018
Hello I am new to BYC , hope to learn alot in the group! =) I had a quick question on the serama hatching eggs they are on day 22.I have heard that serama chicks usually hatch earlier. But for some reason my 4 have not pipped or anything thing, the only thing is one of the eggs was moving and i think i heard a chirp once. I have the temp at 99 and humidity has been in the 40- higher 50s , i have opened the incubator slightly to put water in for the humidity, i also candled eggs before lockdown all where alive and good. What do you all think? Thanks you!

Hi HappyChick101, first off let me Welcome you to BYC. I hope you will find the site helpful & that you will enjoy it as much as I do. There is a wealth of knowledge & some amazing people here. I just had 2 broody Serama's hatch a chick each a week and a half ago. Like you, I had heard & have a friend that has Serama chicks hatch on day 19 all the time. Both of mine hatched on day 21 & day 22. I live in a cooler region so I'm wondering if that delayed them a bit. I would personally give them another day or 2 before you candlE them again. Did you happen to see any draw down (this is when you can visibly see the beak poking into the air cell) when you candled them before they went into lockdown? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are just running a little late, best of luck :)

Hello! =) thank you si much for replying! Happily to say earlier today one of the eggs did there first pip, and im hearing some chirpping! Just waiting its so exciting i hope they hatch safely! =) I also have a couple other eggs under a broody hen too! From the first pip it takes about 24 to hatch out?

Hello! =) thank you si much for replying! Happily to say earlier today one of the eggs did there first pip, and im hearing some chirpping! Just waiting its so exciting i hope they hatch safely! =) I also have a couple other eggs under a broody hen too! From the first pip it takes about 24 to hatch out?
It can, but not always. Sometimes they are in a big hurry to get out & other times not so much, lol. I would try not to disturb the hen now that you know there is a pip. Check her tomorrow to see if the baby/babies have hatched or just get down close by her nest & listen for chirping. Normally momma will be talking to the chick if it is hatched. Best of luck, would love to see some fuzz butt pictures when momma allows.

Thanks for the info! 2 of the eggs that where in the incubator hatched! Woot woot! =) There adorable! =)

Attachments

• Snapchat-618288919.jpg
    Snapchat-618288919.jpg
    652.9 KB · Views: 20

Back
Top Bottom