Fallenone05

Crowing
8 Years
Oct 7, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Hello! So I've been seeing stuff on sexing Cayugas by their quacks but I don't understand what I'm listening for. They're 8 weeks old so just a few more weeks until my drakes get their curly-Qs in their tail feathers, but I'd like to know what I'm listening for when they quack.

Here's a video. I'm sorry if I sound rough- I'm fighting a head and chest cold and I've been coughing my lungs out. 🥴

First time fowl owners here. but from what I've heard, females quack and males are have a rasp. I didn't understand until mine got their voice. My female definitely a quack. The male, which I didn't know was a male because he was a young mallard and still hen feathered, his voice came in I thought something was wrong, like something was caught in his throat. Nope just puberty. That's the rasp.

First time fowl owners here. but from what I've heard, females quack and males are have a rasp. I didn't understand until mine got their voice. My female definitely a quack. The male, which I didn't know was a male because he was a young mallard and still hen feathered, his voice came in I thought something was wrong, like something was caught in his throat. Nope just puberty. That's the rasp.

Yes! I have three mallards I added in and they still have the hen feathering. My Cayugas are all grown and laying now, but I can definitely hear the difference in the mallards now. Two drakes and a hen for the mallards. I ended up having three boys and two girls with the Cayugas.

Yes! I have three mallards I added in and they still have the hen feathering. My Cayugas are all grown and laying now, but I can definitely hear the difference in the mallards now. Two drakes and a hen for the mallards. I ended up having three boys and two girls with the Cayugas.
Youll have to update pics yours are beautiful! I love our Cayuga girl, she has been so lonely since we lost our mallard last week. We are looking to find her a friend.

@McHomestead

I quoted the wrong post and can't figure out how to fix it 🤣 sorry for the random tag but I remembered pictures of everyone today.

1000004950.jpg
My two hens! The drake is running around eating some watermelon 😂

20230826_171241~2.jpg

The two mallard drakes. Greening up real good on their bills and juuuust getting raspy.

Back
Top Bottom