Sweater’s Corner

Pics

sweaterthebroodyrooster

“Kill, it’s such a friendly word” ~ Metallica
Premium Feather Member
May 28, 2021
Southern Virginia & Shawnee Ohio
Howdy all,

I figured I’d maybe make a thread to share some baking and traveling photos and just to chat. Pigeon may make a few appearances too. 😊

My most recent baking things have been a chocolate birthday cake for my mom and focaccia bread. Next week I’ll be making a vanilla cake and cupcakes for my sister’s birthday party and then I’ll be going to a rock festival.

My most recent traveling was a trip to Cleveland in which I spent most of my time paddle boarding with my aunt, I’m still going through those pictures. I plan to share them soonish.

IMG_1145.jpeg

^ my mom’s birthday cake

IMG_1965.jpeg

IMG_1970.jpeg

^focaccia bread

That cake looks delicious! I wish I could do flowers like that.
Thank you! It was my first time doing flowers like that, I was pleasantly surprised with the turn out.

I love traveling - I have been to 80% of the US.
That is awesome!

Where is your favorite place to travel?
I haven’t traveled much outside of the east coast, I’m hoping to explore further in a few years. Currently my favorite place is probably visiting my family in Cleveland.
The picture is of Paul Revere’s house in Boston. We happened to visit the first day it was open after COVID.
That is really cool! It looks like a very pretty house

Howdy all,

I figured I’d maybe make a thread to share some baking and traveling photos and just to chat. Pigeon may make a few appearances too. 😊

My most recent baking things have been a chocolate birthday cake for my mom and focaccia bread. Next week I’ll be making a vanilla cake and cupcakes for my sister’s birthday party and then I’ll be going to a rock festival.

My most recent traveling was a trip to Cleveland in which I spent most of my time paddle boarding with my aunt, I’m still going through those pictures. I plan to share them soonish.

View attachment 3624880
^ my mom’s birthday cake

View attachment 3624882
View attachment 3624919
^focaccia bread
Very pretty cake. Nicely done. Looks professional. The bread looked like macaroni and cheese in the first picture. Shows you what I know. I haven't heard of this bread. I'll have to look into it. I'm getting tired of sandwich bread. Is it something you can find at most bakery's?
Didn't I used to see you on Granny Hatchet's thread?

Very pretty cake. Nicely done. Looks professional.
Aw, thank you!

The bread looked like macaroni and cheese in the first picture. Shows you what I know. I haven't heard of this bread. I'll have to look into it. I'm getting tired of sandwich bread. Is it something you can find at most bakery's?
Lol, it kinda does. I’m not sure if it’s sold in bakeries or not. I suppose it might be

Didn't I used to see you on Granny Hatchet's thread?
Yes, I almost always stop getting notifications for it a few days after checking it now. I still pop by from time to time though.

Wow! all that food is making me hungry! beautiful work @sweaterthebroodyrooster :love
Thank you! ☺️

So, the rock festival… I went to the Blue Ridge Rock Festival with my sister and her fiancé. It didn’t go quite as planned, but we still had fun before it got canceled. A few pictures of some of the bands we saw:

IMG_2351.jpeg
IMG_2369.jpeg
IMG_2370.jpeg
IMG_2559.jpeg
IMG_2560.jpeg
IMG_2558.jpeg
IMG_2561.jpeg
IMG_2563.jpeg
IMG_2564.jpeg
IMG_2565.jpeg
IMG_2566.jpeg

We will be going to the Louder Than Life festival later this month. 😊