Tales of Azula the wonder chick, and her sister Ty Lee!

Today Azula is trying her first training diaper! Sock diaper with a lot of extra fabric taken away due to her love for flapping. She is preening it and herself a lot since it's new. This will only be when she is out of the brooder with Ty Lee. Ty Lee still needs to grow a tail first Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20240501_120807689.jpg
    IMG_20240501_120807689.jpg
    746.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240501_120817287.jpg
    IMG_20240501_120817287.jpg
    669.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240501_121109250.jpg
    IMG_20240501_121109250.jpg
    593.2 KB · Views: 5
Today Azula is trying her first training diaper! Sock diaper with a lot of extra fabric taken away due to her love for flapping. She is preening it and herself a lot since it's new. This will only be when she is out of the brooder with Ty Lee. Ty Lee still needs to grow a tail first Lol
The sock looks like a good idea. ☺️ Years ago, I had an Easter Egger, Molly (there’s a photo of her in my BYC Member Interview), that I diaper-trained. She did really well with it. I bought that one though. Good sock diaper idea!

The sock looks like a good idea. ☺️ Years ago, I had an Easter Egger, Molly (there’s a photo of her in my BYC Member Interview), that I diaper-trained. She did really well with it. I bought that one though. Good sock diaper idea!
Thank you! Got the idea from chicken Tiktok Lol. Figured the younger it starts the better. She only had it on about forty minutes this time

Thank you! Got the idea from chicken Tiktok Lol. Figured the younger it starts the better. She only had it on about forty minutes this time
Forty minutes?.. wow!.. good little chickie. ❤️

Gave up on diaper training for now. She started really hating them and couldn't go longer than a minute without pulling at it in annoyance.

In other news! Starting to suspect Azula is a roo! Feathers are more narrow than Ty Lee's and she does a lot of pecking order stuff (flying at Ty Lee or me, pecking now and then, jumping up, neck measuring competitions, chest bumping, etc.). Ty Lee does them too but I'm debating on if that's just because she's reading into the energy and learning from Azula. She's definitely a pullet given her beautiful broad feathers and stout slower growth. Maybe Azula is just a dominant pullet. Don't know yet! But her comb is definitely pretty big and getting a brighter color than the usual grey comb of a Blackstar hen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240504-163349.png
    Screenshot_20240504-163349.png
    2 MB · Views: 2
I was a little suspicious myself, about Azula. Even if she is a he, Azula has been given a great life by you… Ty Lee too. Wonderful job with them! 🥰

I was a little suspicious myself, about Azula. Even if she is a he, Azula has been given a great life by you… Ty Lee too. Wonderful job with them! 🥰
Thank you! I really hope Azula doesn't harass Ty Lee though in the future

Thank you! I really hope Azula doesn't harass Ty Lee though in the future
Azula is showing all of the signs of a cockerel, but don’t worry about Ty Lee getting bothered too much while they’re this little. They’ll want to play fight. Some of my Serama cockerels do it a little right now (they’re about the same age), but it’s natural. They’re actually more interested in flapping their wings and flight-training!

Azula is showing all of the signs of a cockerel, but don’t worry about Ty Lee getting bothered too much while they’re this little. They’ll want to play fight. Some of my Serama cockerels do it a little right now (they’re about the same age), but it’s natural. They’re actually more interested in flapping their wings and flight-training!
Oh yes! Azula loves flight training! And I'm mostly worried about them as adults. I really would love to just keep them together but if Azula is harassing Ty Lee with excessive breeding then I can't really do that. I would probably have to do rotations with them, keeping them seperate at times

Back
Top Bottom