The Mamas and the Papa

Ridgerunner

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Feb 2, 2009
Southeast Louisiana
A little help would be appreciated. First, the Mamas and the Papa, a Speckled Sussex rooster with Buff Orpington, Australorp, Delaware, and Speckled Sussex hens.

22249_mamas_and_papa.jpg

22249_mamas.jpg

Then the chicks.

22249_to_brooder.jpg

The black ones are pretty obvious, out of the Australorp hens. Not sex linked.

The solid yellow one, on the right with the two black ones, I believe is a male out of a Delaware hen. A sex link.

The three darker reddish ones. I believe out of the Buff Orps. I’ve got one that is not shown here that is a tad more chipmunky and barely darker which I think is out of the Speckled Sussex. Not sex linked.

Then the yellowish one that is a little darker than the yellow one and just to the upper left of the yellow one. I think this is a female red sex link out of the Delaware. I expected them to be a bit darker red.

Any corrections or do I pass the exam?

Yeah but that tune gets pretty monotonous. Cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep.

Edited to add:

cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom