About the only chick I trust to be correctly listed on the TSC bins is their Cornish Crosses and only because, even at a day old, their fat butts give them away. Our local TSC has several knowledgeable people working in the poultry section but they're overwhelmed by the other employees who apparently shuffle the chicks like a blackjack dealer in Las Vegas.

About the only chick I trust to be correctly listed on the TSC bins is their Cornish Crosses and only because, even at a day old, their fat butts give them away. Our local TSC has several knowledgeable people working in the poultry section but they're overwhelmed by the other employees who apparently shuffle the chicks like a blackjack dealer in Las Vegas.
This is what I was afraid of, I am excited to see what they become but in the future I will definitely be buying local and trusted lol

Also while I’m here haha has anyone ever had an all yellow Easter egger chick? I’m thinking she may also but a different breed but I don’t know what any thoughts?

Also while I’m here haha has anyone ever had an all yellow Easter egger chick? I’m thinking she may also but a different breed but I don’t know what any thoughts?

Attachments

• E81A8460-1B16-4E8D-A543-450D967A7C3D.png
    E81A8460-1B16-4E8D-A543-450D967A7C3D.png
    5 MB · Views: 3
EE come in every color imaginable. She'll probably grow in some more colors as she gets older (if she is indeed an EE).

I think those "big combs" are single combs, which naturally stand up taller than some other kinds of combs. That makes it harder to tell if they are big for their age, or just look big because of being a different shape.

Single combs are a very common comb type. Pea combs (common in Easter Eggers but rare among other breeds) tend to be smaller and stay low to the head, and rose combs are wider but tend to stay very low and flat while the chicks are young. It's hard to be sure in the group photos, but I think you might have some each of several types.

That mostly-black chick looks a lot like a Barred Rock to me.

It's fairly common to hear of chicks from TSC that were the wrong breed, or the wrong gender, or both.
I'm almost afraid to name my chicks, only named one olive but could be over, but WILL be gone, no roos. (supposed to be ... you guessed it ...olive egger) I was just coming off covid, so exhausted. 2 wks old, I can wait a while. Good excuse to get some more after vacation in June.

Back
Top Bottom