Tylan50 injectable & duramycin 72-200 dosage question (NON-EMERGENCY)

Ryguy3684

Here comes the Rooster
Premium Feather Member
May 29, 2020
Fauquier County, Virginia, United States.
I'm putting a dosage chart together for everything in my chicken first aid kit. I'm set with corid, permethrin, and all the dewormers. My problem is the antibiotics. If I read 15 threads, I get 15 different amounts, times per day, etc.. Does anybody have correct info for the meds in the title, for certain? Either orally, or injected can be done, but I prefer orally. Amount per pound, times per day, and duration would be great. @casportpony , I know you have helped with dosages many times, on other meds, I just couldn't find if you've done the math on these yet. Thanks in advance from anybody that can help.

Most medications have a dosage range, so that may be where some of the confusion lies (?)
Anyway. I have an older (2008) copy of Plumb's Vet Drug Handbook. You may be able to contact your vet to see if there's been any changes and get the "correct" dosing.
Here's a snapshot of the 2 you are asking about in your title.

1641089672446.jpeg

1641089694768.jpeg

Most medications have a dosage range, so that may be where some of the confusion lies (?)
Anyway. I have an older (2008) copy of Plumb's Vet Drug Handbook. You may be able to contact your vet to see if there's been any changes and get the "correct" dosing.

View attachment 2947251

View attachment 2947252
That's awesome, thanks. I tried my Merck Vet Handbook, but couldn't find dosing info for poultry. I appreciate it. I've been trying to save everything together, on my phone, so I can find it easily.

Get yourself for your kit
3 mL syringe
10 mL syringe
10 mg measuring spoons
Screenshot_20220101-155000_Chrome.jpg

I cant look them up now my phone battery is dying, but it is probably going to require off label calculations. Dosages are published in the drug database by the generic drug name. I will check back later, I like reading through the drug information.

Get yourself for your kit
3 mL syringe
10 mL syringe
10 mg measuring spoons
View attachment 2947301

I cant look them up now my phone battery is dying, but it is probably going to require off label calculations. Dosages are published in the drug database by the generic drug name. I will check back later, I like reading through the drug information.
Thanks. I'm working on converting the amounts that Wyorp posted. I found another university database that has all the raw numbers as well. I'll break out the pen and paper tonight. I have a set of spoons similar to that as well as a few different sized syringes. I should be all set with equipment now. I've found all the technical information on the different drugs to be good reading as well.

View attachment 2947251

View attachment 2947252
In regards to Tylan 200, I keep getting contradicting information. Does Tylan cause necrosis to the muscle, in your experience. It says LA 200 does but someone else said Tylan will cause it too?

In regards to Tylan 200, I keep getting contradicting information. Does Tylan cause necrosis to the muscle, in your experience. It says LA 200 does but someone else said Tylan will cause it too?
You risk injection sight necrosis with Tylan. It's normally given 3 times a day for 5 days, that would be 15 needle sticks.
Give Tylan orally.
Here's how to give medication orally.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

Back
Top Bottom