Welsh Harlequin Sexing help

Pretty sure I’ve got two males and a female. Both males are still peeping with an occasional whistle/hoarse sound. Female is quacking regularly now. Not the end of the world. Hopefully the two boys aren’t too rough on the girl. Guess I’ll be looking to pick up another female at some point too.

Just an excuse to get more haha

Pretty sure I’ve got two males and a female. Both males are still peeping with an occasional whistle/hoarse sound. Female is quacking regularly now. Not the end of the world. Hopefully the two boys aren’t too rough on the girl. Guess I’ll be looking to pick up another female at some point too.

Just an excuse to get more haha
For the girls' sake I'd get at least 3 (better 5) females for each boy. They can get really rough, especially in the spring.

For anyone curious, a quick update: definitely two males and a female. They have been named Sir Quacksly, Lady Quacksly, and Dandelion. Dandelion is the one I was unsure of sex on for a while. He’s also the friendliest of the 3 and will sit in my lap. They also finally accepted Duck, my female mallard into their little group, and get on well enough with the hens.

Lady Quacksly’s bill is finally getting darker. I had thought it would stay yellow, but photos show otherwise. I’m excited bc I wasn’t a huge fan of the yellow bill on her.
12527785-D716-4129-B4D2-2C8BF73E6DEE.jpeg
07E76E65-5318-466F-9778-7A066529372E.jpeg
733ABC5E-F31A-4C66-9652-AA2F0A8F22A2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom