What did you do in the garden today?

Plus, the farmer behind us sprays herbicide and hasn’t gone it yet. Should be corn behind us this year, which means there will be fungicide sprayed mid season, on top of strong herbicide (like round up), so I try to hold off on planting too much until firlds are sprayed and planted.
That's such a bummer you have to plant around their spraying. But at least you know & can plan I guess.

Rained a teeny bit, was hoping for more so I wouldn't have to keep watering my seeds/seedlings.

He prefers fish fingers and chicken nuggets 🙈
My man prefers meat & I prefer veggies, salmon or other fish & pasta, rice or potatoes, we both love fresh eggs, so it works out, a good balance at meal time, but he ends up cooking it up more often while I am the cleaner upper.

1 question...why is it when most men cook, do they dirty up every single dish, bowl, pot & pan? 🤔 I know many comedy skits address this. 🤣 A friend told me yesterday her DH baked a cake from scratch...the cake was good, but it looked like the kitchen had an explosion of dirty dishes & cake flour All Over. 😆 🤣 😂

Last edited:
Same here, but… he doesn’t even like plants or animals, so feels it is a waste of time and resources to spend time and money for them 😬
My 1st husband was like that. He'd rather chase balls on golf courses or softball fields than care for the home & hang out with partying buddies more & more. I gave him the boot.

So yesterday I was outside basically from 6:30am to 8pm. I spent time with my flock & everyone had free range time, rotated of course due to Rooster attitudes. What's cool is they know the routine & round up their hens after 45 min, put themselves back in so I can let the next group free range. The Guineas & Pigeons were out all day, they can fly so I'm not as worried about them with the ground predators. I still keep an eye out for hawks. Only saw 1 big one all day & she kept flying on.

I Pulled A Lot of Weeds! My hands actually hurt today. Lower back, too. Some of those weeds are tough! Anyway...I got a few flowers planted, that were marked down. I look around outside this morning, as I water my seedlings, & I am wishing I could get so much more done. One thing for sure...I am never bored. There's simply to much to do!

Some pics...

Guineas having fun
20240501_081601.jpg
The pigeon loft
20240501_080933.jpg
20240501_081618.jpg
Some flowers
20240501_081520.jpg 20240501_081112.jpg
Peonies are going to bloom soon
20240501_080823.jpg
Lamb's Ear somehow planted itself here
20240501_080747.jpg
Hosta does well here
20240501_080722.jpg
This is that Bishops Weed the Swallowtails like
20240501_081125.jpg
Crepe Myrtle...I think a deer stomped it...half the branches were broken
20240501_081052.jpg
Daffodils are done, the Black-eyed Susan is coming up
20240501_081033.jpg
Clematis is climbing
20240501_081011.jpg
Blueberries are lookin good
20240501_080639.jpg
Wildflowers are coming up
20240501_080554.jpg

Black-eyed Susan is coming up
What do they look like when they first sprout? I planted some seeds in the green house, and what's growing in those pots doesn't look like anything I've seen, but I've never seen black-eyed Susans coming up.
How do you keep the deer from eating? I had 4 blueberry and now I have none
I have to fence anything I need to protect from deer.

I can get away with 4' tall welded wire fence around the blueberries because the enclosure is too small for them to land in when they jump. The fence is far enough from the BB that they can't stick their head over and nibble.

question...why is it when most men cook, do they dirty up every single dish, bowl, pot & pan?
🤔 I've never been able to figure this one out myself.😂 Also, why do they always make a huge mess right after you clean the kitchen and/or stove? 😑 My DH will go weeks without cooking, then I clean the stove, and he makes bacon or tortilla chips.
he uses up all the dishes as well even when not cooking
Mine is in charge of putting away dinner. He does, but leaves all the dishes/pans out to dry on the counter or stovetop; instead of putting them in the sink or dish washer.
I gave him the boot.
Good for you. That can be a tough spot, glad you could let go and move forward.
.I am never bored. There's simply to much to do!
This. I only have 1/3 of an acre. My front yard looks like I gave up (I didn't, I just failed to apply pre emergent after our rain, so now I'm stuck waiting until I can use my hula hoe to pull the dead weeds out.). My battle with goat head plants is into year 11. I've only seen 6 plants try to emerge this year so far but I still have to look for them, which takes time. Trees need to be sprayed, hunting for cucumber beetles, leaf miners, cabbage moths, etc. Still need to finish drip lines. Need to repaint the pergola, paint the top trim of the coop. Finish the countertop trim. Fertilize everything. The list is long!

I did work on the drip line project a little yesterday. I got a new tool for inserting the 1/4" barbs into the 1/4" lines. My old tool was indeed defective. This has made life much better!

I watered things, tested other drip lines, planted mint next to the coop run, emptied and ran the dish washer, buried the pullet 😔, did laundry, put laundry away, went to the doctor, went to the store, made chili Verde from scratch - used my new 12qt braiser for the first time, I love it. Busy day.

We leave for Disneyland tomorrow afternoon, I have to work today but I will be coming home for lunch to get some stuff done. Supposed to get to 84° today. It's going to be almost 90° tomorrow, 80 Friday, then on Saturday the expected high is 64°. Weather whiplash, again! 🫣 my plants are going to keep being drama queens for the next few weeks. 🥴

Back
Top Bottom