What did you do in the garden today?

Wow, who is that? Too cool!

Screenshot_20240501_124458_Chrome.jpg

Just came in from mowing. I'm keeping it HIGH this year, but with rain forecast for the next several days and it already HIGH I thought I'd wack it down. Another $25 in gas pffft. 4.5 hours to mow as some needed double cut.
And the bonus.
A herd of deer wandered through what is left of the orchard, breaking branches. ARGH! I don't want to ring the trees, but I will if I have too. Blast it.

I know this is not the peeve thread, but what has happened to good ole, weed pullin, workin jeans? Remember denim being sturdy & tough? Do they even make them anymore?

They've got stretch fabric now. I guess it's a mixture, because I see it's still mostly cotton, but nowhere near as sturdy as jeans used to be...Especially when on your knees pulling weeds!

I've got a couple of drop-cloths for painting, that were my dad's back in the day, very thick, & not like today's crap. Now that is some tough canvas. I feel like having some pants made out of one, because the pants they are making & selling as jeans today are horrible.

So I ordered Wrangler, Lee and Levi's jeans...Thinking at least 1 of them might be made tough like they used to be. Nope. They're all that thin stretchy crap. I can't stand it!

We've done this one before @Liz Birdlover
Ticks me off that work clothes for women are CRAP

Jeans are 50-90% spandex and don't last a season
Underwear pffft, men's lasts for years - ours, nope
gloves fingers are always too long
boots - cute, but useless
outerwear is proportioned all wrong so we just buy mens and make do
ridiculous
I get a lot from Duluth, but it's sizing varies. I just order some dry quick shirts like I've done for years, and the sizing has changed. Grumble. TIGHT arms in a working shirt means chafing.

We've done this one before @Liz Birdlover
Ticks me off that work clothes for women are CRAP

Jeans are 50-90% spandex and don't last a season
Underwear pffft, men's lasts for years - ours, nope
gloves fingers are always too long
boots - cute, but useless
outerwear is proportioned all wrong so we just buy mens and make do
ridiculous
I'm literally about to buy a waxed canvas jacket from Filson that's a men's... Because that's what I need and they don't make that for women.... Same thing with logging boots, had to get custom ones made from Wesco. Bullpoop.

I get a lot from Duluth, but it's sizing varies. I just order some dry quick shirts like I've done for years, and the sizing has changed. Grumble. TIGHT arms in a working shirt means chafing.
I was just going to suggest Duluth. Stinky if they are changing things too

I have things up around the garden to act as deer deterrents. Things like soap in mesh bags, whirly birds, wind chimes, etc... I move them around often so they don't get used to them. I don't know if any of it really works or if I've just had less deer because of an increase in construction/traffic around my house. 🤷
I’ve read, but I’m not sure it works, to plant lots of daffodils, they are supposed to be poisonous, so deer are smart and won’t go there 🤔

Back
Top Bottom