what is needed for a duck?

Also can a silkie roo be with female ducks? It will also be with other silkie hens? Or just make a divided area? I was planning to make a 2nd big coop for my silkies so I was planning to get more chicks and maybe some ducklings.

imo. for ease of cleaning a nice green treated wood floor that has been painted. with bedding... if you wanna go for the cheaper side the dirt with some bedding would also suffice
Which flooring can go the longest without a cleaning? So far I am not a fan of wood flooring with my chickens. I live in an area where there are super hot summers and winters with no snow around 40 degrees in the night and 80 degrees during day.

Which flooring can go the longest without a cleaning? So far I am not a fan of wood flooring with my chickens. I live in an area where there are super hot summers and winters with no snow around 40 degrees in the night and 80 degrees during day.
in my opinion a dirt floor. dirt wont rot away like wood. ducks dont need heat. but with it being pretty hot they would appreciate the cool ground!

We are new duck owners. We wanted only 2 but there were 3 left and tsc didn't want to leave the other alone. They need companionship. So we have 3. Lol we had a large metal tub for brooding, but our Rouens quickly outgrew that. We moved them into a pup tent (camping tent) until we recently moved them to their pen. As ducklings, they are very messy. I laid puppy pads down then covered with pine shavings. Easier to just roll up the pads and throw out. When they were little, we had a small waterer that sat on top of a paint roller tray to catch a lot of the water. Then changed to a small plastic tub with holes cut in the lid so they could stick their heads in and drink. Less messier there too. I cleaned out once a day. I did mention they were very messy birds right? Lmao We had our brooder in our garage, so was able to keep the door open and smell wasn't that much of an issue. It was fun watching them grow though! Hope you enjoy raising yours as much as we did!

Back
Top Bottom