What is this? Extreme pasty butt?

Ugh TSC, good for you for rescuing this poor baby and others! Did you ever find out why the chicks were disappearing from your outdoor brooder?
No. I bought pavers and some drainage rocks for the outside. I am gonna try to find scrap wood, then use that and hardware cloth. Those metal runs are okay but the "chicken wire" that comes with it is crap.

Sorry about the poor chick. You have great advice already, and I second the probiotics and yeast cream. They should give you another chick for replacement at TSC. Had it been there awhile? It could have been pecked about the vent because of the stuck on poop which irritates the skin. Make sure it gets plenty of fluids and food, even a little mushy wet feed. Good luck.
She was doing alright today. ❤️ Will check again in the morning. Her butt looks less red but still sore. Will apply another round of cream again in the morning. She didn't smell as bad so hopefully 🤞🏻

It rly irks me. How can you not go check on them? There was no way this baby was "checked on" at all for a long time. Makes me wanna buy all the babies and keep em clean. Hire me at TSC. I'll be the baby chicken keeper.

The thing is they are generally not chicken people who are tending the chicks....and it's big orders each time.
I think they don't know what to look for, are overwhelmed and really aren't trying to neglect them.

My group recovered well. It just took time. Two of my six had naked butts for a couple weeks.

Back
Top Bottom