White Cornish: Building a Quality, Sustainable Flock for Meat and More.....

Pics
I have purebred Dark Cornish. I need to state the white and off colored chickens I have posted on this thread are NOT pure White Cornish or crossbred White Cornish. I apologize for mucking up this thread with my crossbred chickens. It is not my intention to divert this thread's original purpose, "White Cornish: building a quality sustainable flock for meat and more...".
If we want to talk about Cornish crossbred chickens, there are other, more appropriate, threads. I would like to make sure we keep the Author, Fat Daddy's intentions in mind when posting.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/breeding-for-production-eggs-and-or-meat.845018/page-1346
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-meat-birds-and-super-excited.896158/page-872

I am new to Standard White Cornish. I got 15 straight runs chicks about 5 weeks old this past weekend. One of them has a few feathers that are black. What's up with that? Any help would be appreciated , thanks.

Greg, go back to post 220 on this thread, maybe 210 or so for background info and some pics on 220. We were discussing this back in June I believe. Would be nice to see some pics of your birds.

If this doesn't answer your questions hopefully FD will chime in Everything I learned about WLF Cornish I learned from him He's the go to for info

Frank (on your FB group)

So I got a surprise addition to my lfw Cornish flock. Went to the red river poultry show in Gainesville, tx and brought this fella home for my meat flock. A bit of a dirty bird being stained from rolling around in the red clay at his old home and not being cooperative to posing in his new home, if the individual bits and pieces from the pics are put together he's a great rooster to have I think.

Attachments

• IMAG0016.jpg
    IMAG0016.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 41
I got eggs from Fatdaddy 4 months ago and I have 2 extra cockerels and I might have a pullet to sell. If anyone is interested I am located in Pensacola Florida and I'd be happy to help.
Have you mentioned this in the Florida thread yet?

Hi new here was originally going to raise and breed dark cornish with the Barred rocks but I would love to switch and get some of these white cornish. At this time I have the CX and like the build of the bird but would like to continue what Fat Daddy started which is to bring this breed to more people. Also bringing it to SOP for the breed can anyone with White cornish please respond to me looking for 3 breeding trios. or chicks any age already setup for them

What are your goals. A backyard flock or showing. White Cornish as you probably have already discovered is hard to come by. Just not a common breed. As a first step I would suggest you join the FB group International Cornish Breeders Association. There's a couple more Cornish groups out there in FB also but this will probably cover the most territory. This is probably the best way to find a local breeder. I joined and was contacted by a breeder/show and poultry judge about 90 minutes from me. I happily took 5 of his culls home with me. There was 6 years of good breeding genetics behind them. If I hatched every egg that hit the ground, the odds would be in my favor as long as I had an appetite for the culls.

Also start looking at local poultry shows. There's always a possibility you'll find Cornish there also.

Yes I work at a call center and was able to read all 56 pages of this thread and I'll definitely be joining that page. I really want some of Fat Daddys chickens because of all the hard work I've seen him do with his flock. And me I'm really just looking to work with backyard flock nothing like shows or anything special. As far as I know no where in Kentucky is there a breeder for White Cornish

One day build for my first breeding pen for next spring. About $65.00 and 10 hours to build which includes a trip to feed store and Harbor Freight . Probably shouldn't take a youngin with 2 good knees that long. Started at 7, had the Aw Crud moment at 715 and headed to HF at 716. At 30sft a little crowded but they're 10 week+/- youngsters. All but 2 will be removed next weekend. That bottle is full of corn chops and oats. The bottle they learned to roll around had 4 very large holes in it so they would get the idea. This one has two small holes in it. The holes aren't much bigger than what's inside. They occasionally are lucky and a piece randomly falls out. There's always one or more working it too no end. If nothing else they are persistent.

Attachments

• cornish1.jpg
    cornish1.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 31
  • cornish2.jpg
    cornish2.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 28
  • cornish jar.jpg
    cornish jar.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 28

Back
Top Bottom