Open Contest Wildlife Photo Contest

Pics
No they are green grasshoppers. Are you going to say that the yellow ones are not good either? Yikes I will have to give the chickens a lesson in entomology. We have so many bugs here they may need to go to UF to get a degree to stay safe.

No they are green grasshoppers. Are you going to say that the yellow ones are not good either? Yikes I will have to give the chickens a lesson in entomology. We have so many bugs here they may need to go to UF to get a degree to stay safe.
Yeah the yellow ones are the same as the black ones both eastern lubbers just different colors I get swarmed here Florida has all the crazy bugs and what not lol

Nice to know you fish for a living. I mainly do it for a hobby.

This fish is called a smallmouth bass. I caught it in the Spokane river during a family reunion.

For reference, this is a trout. A rainbow trout, to be exact.

View attachment 3814512

I pulled this one in ice fishing on dog creek reservoir. It was 1/2 inch away from my personal trout record at 21 inches.
I don’t fish for a living 😊 and really not much of my extended family do anymore either - there is a moratorium on fishing Cod in Newfoundland. Some do still fish for crab and lobster. Most have moved or work in the oil fields in Alberta or in mines to make a living.

That’s a wonderful trout! My BIL caught a huge beast of a trout here one Fall - 38”! He cut it into steaks like a salmon. This was a terrible winter for ice fishing here in Ontario 😟 unusually mild, the lakes barely froze along the shore. Migrating birds came back a full month early, and the Northern Peepers (frogs) were out first week of March there was no ground frost, they normally are not out till mid-April. And so much rain! I bet the mosquitoes will be wild!

Not an entry but fun to share.
20240413_195633.jpg

Back
Top Bottom