šŸ£šŸ„Black Copper Marans and Whiting True Blues. Lots of videosšŸŽ„

The dogs not visiting, right? šŸ˜…
I told the owner that he needs to keep him inside his yard. His fence was all full of holes. He was apologetic and willing to pay for damages.
My wife took that picture after she tracked the dog back to the house. The dog looks just like one of mine so I bet the pullet didnā€™t even react as it walked up and grabbed her.
My neighbor was putting bird seed out and feeding the chickens on her side of the fence and I asked her to please stop doing that. Some parts of the fence on that side are only about 48ā€.

I told the owner that he needs to keep him inside his yard. His fence was all full of holes. He was apologetic and willing to pay for damages.
My wife took that picture after she tracked the dog back to the house. The dog looks just like one of mine so I bet the pullet didnā€™t even react as it walked up and grabbed her.
My neighbor was putting bird seed out and feeding the chickens on her side of the fence and I asked her to please stop doing that. Some parts of the fence on that side are only about 48ā€.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster, just happy it wasn't worse, thankfully.

No, I didnā€™t take like that. Itā€™s been a peeve of mine that they are going over the fence where I canā€™t protect them. I haven't totally decided how, but I need to make a large enclosure so I can leave for a few days and not worry about them being attacked.
Iā€™m probably going to get a 100ā€™ roll of 5ā€™ fencing then cover it with bird netting. Iā€™m going to be gone for part of the summer, so I canā€™t just let them roam the neighborhood.

I'm in the same boat, cattle corn across the street, alternating corn, soy on one side and behind. With 2 neighbors on the last side, closest has 4 ankle biters fenced in so birds don't go in there. I've only been here a year and this is the year for corn and need to keep the birds out of the corn...the corn is going to bring more coons as they can move during the day and not be seen. I'm scouring craigslist for fencing.
I'd like to do privacy across the front of both sides of the barn and then whatever on the one side and rear to be able to free range both flocks all day. Poultry netting over top would be dreamy... šŸ‘

Back
Top Bottom