šŸ£šŸ„Black Copper Marans and Whiting True Blues. Lots of videosšŸŽ„

Pics
I think I will do some kind of nestbox similar to that. I like the idea of the rollaway boxes, Iā€™ll see if I can pull that off . I found a few designs that I liked and can modify.
I edited that post but curious to see what you come up with. I've never done a rollaway nest box so not much knowledge there about them. Can you still use bedding or more of a mat/indoor outdoor carpet ?

I did make a video of the chicks yesterday but not the Marans. Iā€™ll see if I can get some today of them. They are about 12-1/2 weeks old now. The cockerels are getting copper hackles. So are the pullets to a lesser degree. 1 cockerel is smaller but likes to be the boss. The bigger cockerel is a little more laid back and not as controlling around the other birds.
The WTB are getting big also. Cool variety of colors you have.

I took a break on the coop construction due to the freezing weather weā€™ve been having.
The little chicks have been stuck in their brooder for the last 2 days. The sun came out so I let the chicks forage for awhile and got some video of them.
When I go to put them back into their pen, there is always one chick that refuses to be handled and takes me forever to get him. Heā€™s the lightest colored chick.
Iā€™m seriously thinking of getting rid of that chick, but Iā€™ll wait and see if it gets any better. If thereā€™s anybody locally that wants this rebel chick, you can have it.

The true blues took an afternoon siesta on my tarp while I was working on the new coop. Their looks remind me of exotic little game birds like quail or chukars. Thereā€™s 9 little ones in there.
Can you tell if thereā€™s any cockerels in there? Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s atleast 4.

Attachments

• IMG_1259.jpeg
    IMG_1259.jpeg
    933.9 KB · Views: 14
Hereā€™s my favorite true blue chick. She follows me around all the time.
IMG_1317.jpeg

I got a little more done on the coop. I have 1 side completely finished and the second side should be done soon. Iā€™ll need to start figuring how to build the door.
IMG_1322.jpeg

Hereā€™s the whiting true blues today. My favorite bird is looking a bit like a cockerel today. I was sure it was a little pullet, now I donā€™t know for sure. The video shows how much their colors and patterns have evolved.

Iā€™m finding out that some of the chicks that started out looking like opposites at hatch are starting look like twins now that they are older.
I had a black chick that is now barred and a white chick that is now barred. I had a chipmunk chick and a white chick that are now a reddish/blue/white calico look.

Back
Top Bottom