šŸ£šŸ„Black Copper Marans and Whiting True Blues. Lots of videosšŸŽ„

Great pics.. the sunlight really pops all his colors and she's beautiful. I think I see just a hint of copper on her, she has a lovely tail also.
Thanks! I like her body type and the beetle shine on her feathers . Iā€™ve read that the SOP says they have to have bay colored eyes. She has these greenish light melon colored eyes. Sheā€™s one of the few chickens that jumps up in my lap every day.

Edit: she just jumped a gave me a good picture of her eye.
IMG_4583.jpeg

Last edited:
Hereā€™s some of the chicks foraging by the coop. I have atleast 5 males. Some of the dark ones are getting silver on their hackles. Iā€™ll need to start finding homes for the cockerels real soon.

IMG_4580.jpeg

Easter egger barnyard mixes sure are trickier to tell gender than the pure breeds.
I hope this one is a pullet. It doesnā€™t have much of a comb or wattles. Iā€™m thinking only pullets would have this wild type pattern. No color to the comb, but the skin color is gray. The legs are thick and the red colored shoulders throws me off.
Any guesses?
IMG_4690.png
IMG_4693.png
IMG_4678.jpeg

This one with the small crest is super sweet. Sheā€™ll come sit with me and preen and check me out with her big brown eyes. She does not have black skin though.
IMG_4786.jpeg

Hereā€™s the BCM cockerel playing jungle games.
IMG_4805.jpeg

Hereā€™s one of the fibro cockerel. Heā€™s got the biggest comb of the brood.
IMG_4803.jpeg

Easter egger barnyard mixes sure are trickier to tell gender than the pure breeds.
I hope this one is a pullet. It doesnā€™t have much of a comb or wattles. Iā€™m thinking only pullets would have this wild type pattern. No color to the comb, but the skin color is gray. The legs are thick and the red colored shoulders throws me off.
Any guesses?
View attachment 3868533View attachment 3868534View attachment 3868535

Since you asked for guesses, I will guess male, but I am not very confident of that. So I'll be waiting to learn what it really is.

Back
Top Bottom