šŸ‘€ BLUE Eyed chickens discussion šŸ’¬

m1chelle1

Crowing
7 Years
6 Years
Jan 12, 2017
East Central Florida
:frow:oldNow that I have a blue eyed 2 month old chicken (who I expected to have brown eyes) I am stumbling on the realization that out of the thousands of chickens Iā€™ve owned over the years, Iā€™ve never had such a chicken with Blue eyes.
Further research tells me itā€™s because itā€™s supposed to be super rare and not an actual ā€œchicken eye colorā€. And could also mean blindness in some cases, and a host of other things. Wanted to create a discussion specifically about blue eyed chickens, for those interested and those of you who have had experience and have had chickens with blue eyes (and hopefully pictures?)
Iā€™m curious to see if my black Jersey Giant female will still have blue eyes once she is fully mature, because Iā€™ve also seen people saying they grow out of blue eyes.

Any input is appreciated :thumbsup

Ciao
~Shell :bun

Attachments

• IMG_4297.jpeg
    IMG_4297.jpeg
    732.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4299.jpeg
    IMG_4299.jpeg
    746.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4303.jpeg
    IMG_4303.jpeg
    657.2 KB · Views: 24
Thatā€™s pretty cool! Youā€™ll have to let us know if the eye color changes.
With my new EE chickens, Iā€™m just hoping for blue eggs!

Here's true Blue/Pearl eyes. This is a fully mature Indian Malay hen.View attachment 3707891Many Aseel Fighter breeds/Strains have either Pearl, White, or Yellow eyes.

Wanted to say just this. Some Oriental gamefowl are the only ones who will mature to a Pearl coloured eye. Even so, that is not truly

Last edited:
Wanted to say just this. Some Oriental gamefolw are the only ones who will mature to a Pearl coloured eye. Even so, that is not truly
I didn't say all, I said many.

Just wanted to clarify that yellow is Bay, without the red/orange ring in the iris. Sometimes bay even has a green ring in addition to red/orange.

Back
Top Bottom