1 day old duckling

At only a day old? Hopefully the brewer's yeast helps by tomorrow.
Nevermind what I said, I found some possible articles but it relates to diseases and I don't think that is the case. If when s/he does this maybe it is the same with chicks. I recently had a chick that passed away that she would bend back her neck until her head touched her back. I am pretty sure that's definitely not the case but if it was then you might have a dying duck. I doubt that but also something with niacin. Maybe you aren't giving it to them enough? or it's not working well. When I researched a bunch of things it is just showing seizers. I have no clue at this point because well, I read more about chickens than ducks!

Sorry, I attempted to help but it didn't work.. :(

And most likely it isn't a dying duck it could be a special needs duck. Like I have special needs chickens, one has a broken foot and the other is blind. If you would like, I can go and take a picture. It might take half an hour to send the pictures to my email because of my internet. I can take a picture.

Sorry, I attempted to help but it didn't work.. :(

I am very thankful for any help and suggestions. Often ruling something out is helpful. The farm store got the shipment of ducklings in while I was there, this morning. 3 years ago I had two ducklings that had a niacin deficiency with seizures and the people here advised to get brewers yeast. It worked and all 4 were fine. Two weeks ago I got 6 ducklings from TS and today I got 5 ducklings from our local feed store. I've added niacin to their food immediately and continue to sprinkle it when I give them fresh feed. The one that is having an issue was walking like a penguin at the feed store. It wasn't until I got home and watched them in their brooder that I notices the additional issues.

She may be a special needs duck or she may have a worse issue and will pass but I am willing and hopefully able to nurse her back to health if possible. If she is special needs, she will have to go live with our chickens as we have a huge open pond that the ducks enjoy at will and she would just be a "sitting duck" for a predator.

I am open to any suggestions, advice or help even if it is to rule something out.

I am very thankful for any help and suggestions. Often ruling something out is helpful. The farm store got the shipment of ducklings in while I was there, this morning. 3 years ago I had two ducklings that had a niacin deficiency with seizures and the people here advised to get brewers yeast. It worked and all 4 were fine. Two weeks ago I got 6 ducklings from TS and today I got 5 ducklings from our local feed store. I've added niacin to their food immediately and continue to sprinkle it when I give them fresh feed. The one that is having an issue was walking like a penguin at the feed store. It wasn't until I got home and watched them in their brooder that I notices the additional issues.

She may be a special needs duck or she may have a worse issue and will pass but I am willing and hopefully able to nurse her back to health if possible. If she is special needs, she will have to go live with our chickens as we have a huge open pond that the ducks enjoy at will and she would just be a "sitting duck" for a predator.

I am open to any suggestions, advice or help even if it is to rule something out.
Here are my special needs chickens. I don't have my duck pictures right now.
20210331_143642.jpg
20210331_143645.jpg
20210326_100441.jpg

Back
Top Bottom