10 week old pullet laying a fairy egg?

TrailsideFarmRI

In the Brooder
Nov 14, 2023
Rhode island
Could it be possible?
I have an established flock of astralorps (age 2) and this year introduced some maran and redstar chicks.
The chicks are 10 weeks old, and have been with the laying flock since 5 weeks. Still on chick feed.

This morning, i went to get eggs and found a deep brown fairy egg. Is it possible one of my marans pullets is already laying?! Or did one of my astralorp lay a super dark oopsie? None of the pullets have combs or waddles yet. They’re so young, I’m baffled

Attachments

• IMG_2868.jpeg
    IMG_2868.jpeg
    443.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2869.jpeg
    IMG_2869.jpeg
    1,002.2 KB · Views: 7
Could it be possible?
I have an established flock of astralorps (age 2) and this year introduced some maran and redstar chicks.
The chicks are 10 weeks old, and have been with the laying flock since 5 weeks. Still on chick feed.

This morning, i went to get eggs and found a deep brown fairy egg. Is it possible one of my marans pullets is already laying?! Or did one of my astralorp lay a super dark oopsie? None of the pullets have combs or waddles yet. They’re so young, I’m baffled
Red Stars are very similar to my Golden Comets. I bought 6 last year. One lays only fairy eggs about 3 times a week. The high production sex linked breeds often have reproduction problems. So if they were old enough, my guess is the Red Star. But 10 weeks old is too young.

Back
Top Bottom