12 week old chick with orange strings in poop

Heidrun

Chirping
Aug 16, 2023
Wales uk
My little pullet and also little cockerell who is 12vweek old have a lot of orange slime in their poop.. I have treated them for cocci..But nothing helped..They are not showing any sign of being ill.
But their mom just died of some unknown reason, and now I m very worried about the chicks..
Anyone having any ideas?

My little pullet and also little cockerell who is 12vweek old have a lot of orange slime in their poop.. I have treated them for cocci..But nothing helped..They are not showing any sign of being ill.
But their mom just died of some unknown reason, and now I m very worried about the chicks..
Anyone having any ideas?
I don't know what they have, but someone here might. Can you include some photos?

Sorry for your loss. Was the broody hen weakened from being broody a lot? As long as the chicks are eating and drinking, their droppings may clear up in time. A bit of plain Greek yogurt for probiotics may help. If you think they are still sick, you can give the Harkers amprollium at 1/4 of the dose for another 5 days.

Thank you..I will try that..
Gwynevere the hen was exhausted. She hardly eat herself, just gave everything to her chicks..She was the best mother ever, so dedicated.. And then she went into a full molt , and on top of that she started laying eggs again..She made 3 eggs, got realy weak, just sleeping..Stopped eating..and now she is dead..Only 3 days ago. I m so gutted and sad

Attachments

• IMG-20240725-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240725-WA0001.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 5
There is quite a bit of intestinal shed in the one picture. If you see that more frequently, or they are lethargic and puffed up, giving another 5 days at the lower dose might be helpful. They are at the age where they are building immunity to coccidia organisms in their environment. Make sure they cannot poop in their water, and keep bedding as dry and clean as possible. Coccidia thrives in warm moist environments.

Back
Top Bottom