19 and a half weeks old and still no eggs :( egg countdown anyone??

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
lau.gif

Ok, so I caught the chicken responsible in the act... the chicken who lays the olive coloured eggs is...

(DRUMROLL)

OLIVE!

That's awesome! What breed is she?

She's 1/2 ameraucana (because the farm I got her from only has 1 roo) ... no idea who mom is :( I'd love to know! Here's her picture

Sorry for the bad pic, it's the only one I have of her (have to fix that!) she's on the right, in front of the rooster cowering in the nest box LOL! She has very green legs.

Last edited:
She's 1/2 ameraucana (because the farm I got her from only has 1 roo) ... no idea who mom is :( I'd love to know! Here's her picture

Sorry for the bad pic, it's the only one I have of her (have to fix that!) she's on the right, in front of the rooster cowering in the nest box LOL! She has very green legs.

Awwww. She's cute. So are the others. I have EEs and various other breeds and only hope I get a mutt that lays such pretty eggs some day.

Awwww. She's cute. So are the others. I have EEs and various other breeds and only hope I get a mutt that lays such pretty eggs some day.

Thanks! They're not in such great shape in this picture. You can read about it in my "Vacation disaster" thread. You can see the frost buildup in the coop here, they are all missing feathers that have been ripped out. My poor rooster is doing a bit better. 3 days in the sunshine, a clean coop and some chicken vests seem to have done some good.

Willow

Thanks! They're not in such great shape in this picture. You can read about it in my "Vacation disaster" thread. You can see the frost buildup in the coop here, they are all missing feathers that have been ripped out. My poor rooster is doing a bit better. 3 days in the sunshine, a clean coop and some chicken vests seem to have done some good.

Willow

I just read your vacation thread. Oh my! That must have been so distressing to come home to! But now that your hens are laying, I'd say they're bouncing back okay.

This is why I've barely left the house since we got the chickens. Every time we talk about getting away for a night, we "chicken out" about letting someone else take care of them. I hope we get over it.

You know it might be useful to take her to a vet
idunno.gif

Haha - sorry, it's a chicken not a dog or cat. I'd not take a chicken to the vet - I can barely afford to take my cat to the vet when she needs it. However I will love it and take good care of it until it expires or is used for another purpose such as dinner.

For everyone who is thinking their pullet will NEVER lay - my AC finally did lay at 55 weeks old! She's been laying a beautiful large white egg - pretty much every day. I'm glad I didn't decide she would never lay. I would have missed the fun of seeing her first egg.

Here's the thread. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/623292/come-on-ac-we-want-some-eggs/140#post_9910424

My baby Black Silkies are now 8 1/2 months old. I got a "first egg" yesterday from one of them. She'd been working on an egg for a week. Kept sitting on the nest and sqwaking a lot. Even had her sisters (3) sitting w/her keeping her company!! Egg was pretty tiny. NEED a male so I can hatch more babies!!

I have "Itty Bitty", my 1 yr & 8 month old White Silky hen, 2 Black Silky pulets that are 8.5months old. They are from Bitty and a Black Roo which I no longer have. Also have 2 Showgirls that are 5 months old. One is male and one is female. They are from a Full blooded male Showgirl I hatched from an egg given to me & mated w/Bitty. Gave the Roo back to the person who gave me the egg as she no longer had a male Showgirl.

What I Want is a Splash Silky Roo. Willing to trade one of the Black Silky females or the White Showgirl male. I live 1hr north of Springfield MO.

Back
Top Bottom