20 week old chick made a bloody poop?

Australorp92

Hatching
Jun 26, 2024
NJ
Hello everyone! I have a question. So me and my sister got 4 new chicks 20 weeks ago and they've been doing great until today. One of our chicks (named Chloe) started acting lethargic today. She is standing still and closing her eyes most of the day. She is still drinking water but not eating, and she pooped this a few hours ago. What should I do?

20240626_163354.jpg
20240626_164800.jpg
20240626_1648d30.jpg

Corid will not hurt the chickens to have as a just in case. I would definitely lean on treating over not, especially as Chloe is acting lethargic. Things can go downhill very fast without treatment if it is coccidiosis!
How fast can coccidiosis kill a chicken? My mom wants to wait it out until tomorrow morning. And if Chloe isn't better by then my mom will take her to the vet.

How fast can coccidiosis kill a chicken? My mom wants to wait it out until tomorrow morning. And if Chloe isn't better by then my mom will take her to the vet.
I had two pullets and a cockerel die within hours of showing signs of lethargy and bloody stool. Get Corid and treat ASAP! It's the only reason the rest of my flock is alive today

Back
Top Bottom