2014 Hatchery Chick Orders

I was working in north east iowa yesterday and found a little hatchery called SUN RAY hatchery I went home and looked them up and wow look at the prices cheep cheep cheep

April 7th, McMurray Hatchery

Barred rock
Buff polish
Silver polish
Large fowl blue cochin
Large fowl silver laced cochin
Bantam blue cochin
Bantam silver sebright
Cuckoo maran
Bantam white frizzle cochin
Silver laced wyandotte
Large fowl phoenix
Bantam blue silkie

....... I think I covered all of them.

in a couple weeks i'll be ordering 3 buff duck females and 12 white leghorn pullets ordering the leghorn for someone else who was want them so i get my money back for those and the 3 buff ducks are my first ducks...got a new shed that gonna be my new coop and i can comfortabley fit the 3 duacks in and them and my 5 LF cochins will have 5 square feet each in the shed and then there'll be either a 8x10 or 16x16 run attached

i'll be ordering the ducks and leg horns from Ideal...have bought chicks from them twice and both times were great experiences so i'm going with them again...will probably have it set up so they ship in march or april so it a bit warmer hopefully

oh and i should have about 22 serama eggs being delivered later this morning(the 5th) so i'll have some more serama's too

I ordered through Strombergs Show Quality which I believe come from Urch/Turnland in Minnesota. Black Langshan, Silver Lakenvelder, Columbian Wyandotte, White Faced Black Spanish and Buff Cochin.

in a couple weeks i'll be ordering 3 buff duck females and 12 white leghorn pullets ordering the leghorn for someone else who was want them so i get my money back for those and the 3 buff ducks are my first ducks...got a new shed that gonna be my new coop and i can comfortabley fit the 3 duacks in and them and my 5 LF cochins will have 5 square feet each in the shed and then there'll be either a 8x10 or 16x16 run attached

i'll be ordering the ducks and leg horns from Ideal...have bought chicks from them twice and both times were great experiences so i'm going with them again...will probably have it set up so they ship in march or april so it a bit warmer hopefully

oh and i should have about 22 serama eggs being delivered later this morning(the 5th) so i'll have some more serama's too

I don't think you should wait to order them for March or April delivery. Easter is in March, and the ducklings are more expensive during that time, so I assume there is high demand for Easter, and the not-more-expensive weeks before and after Easter.

I don't think you should wait to order them for March or April delivery. Easter is in March, and the ducklings are more expensive during that time, so I assume there is high demand for Easter, and the not-more-expensive weeks before and after Easter.
My calendar says Easter is April 20th this year. Is it wrong?? My order from Ideal is set to arrive right after.

Back
Top Bottom