2022/2023 Emu Hatch-a-Long

Pics
So I posted an ad for chicks online, just to get a ballpark idea of how many eggs I want to set this year. I also offered eggs for sale.

Got an email this morning and we were going back and forth and he was asking price and whatnot, then came out with this gem:

"And if I want a chick I have to wait till they hatch?"

Like. ???

No, I can totally get you a chick before the eggs hatch, sure. I sent an email back asking if he meant did he need to wait to pay. Really hoping that's what he meant, lol.

Last edited:
So I posted an ad for chicks online, just to get a ballpark idea of how many eggs I want to set this year. I also offered eggs for sale.

Got an email this morning and we were going back and forth and he was asking price and whatnot, then came out with this gem:

Like. ???.

No, I can totally get you a chick before the eggs hatch, sure. I sent an email back asking if he meant did he need to wait to pay. Really hoping that's what he meant, lol.
I mean.... there's balut.... pretty sure that's not what they were thinking though

Like. ???

he A ment that or he want you finish the rest of the hatch himself or he want you to Crack it open and give him it

When do you all stop turning your emu eggs? My first egg has been wiggling everyday and I just heard it make noise. It was tilting a lot but now it’s starting to even back out a little so I’m thinking it’s probably internally pipped.

When do you all stop turning your emu eggs? My first egg has been wiggling everyday and I just heard it make noise. It was tilting a lot but now it’s starting to even back out a little so I’m thinking it’s probably internally pipped.
Around day 49 or when it makes noise if that’s earlier than day 49. Which normally isn’t. I incubate at 97F to 97.5F and they’ve all hatched around day 52. When day 49 rolls around, I move the potential hatchers to the bottom of the incubator. Then to a brooder box to rest for a day or 3, then to the pen with the older chicks in the cabin.

Around day 49 or when it makes noise if that’s earlier than day 49. Which normally isn’t. I incubate at 97F to 97.5F and they’ve all hatched around day 52. When day 49 rolls around, I move the potential hatchers to the bottom of the incubator. Then to a brooder box to rest for a day or 3, then to the pen with the older chicks in the cabin.
Thanks! It started making noise yesterday and today is day 49, so I’ll stop turning it today.

After you hear an egg whistle, approximately how much time does it take to start hatching? The egg has been wiggling and whistling when I talk to it for the past 24 hours or so, but hasn’t externally pipped yet.

Back
Top Bottom