Another weekend, another show! This weekend's show is the Alabama Bantam Club Fall Show in Anniston Alabama. This show used to be in Clanton, Alabama but they moved to Anniston because the venue is cheaper. Better for me because it's closer! It is a double show and a bantam only show. So no large fowl or large ducks.

I entered the following birds:
  • White Call Duck old hen (Harper)
  • Pastel Call Duck young drake
  • Grey Call Duck young drake
  • White Bantam Wyandotte cockerel
  • White Bantam Wyandotte pullet
  • 3 Partridge Bantam Wyandotte pullets (one of which I have an eye on)
I have noticed that entry fees are kind of all over the place this year. Usually a single show entry fee is around $4-$5 per bird. Double shows are almost always $6 ($3 per show). The last show was $6 for double. This show in Anniston is $7 per bird, which adds up quickly I realized. Last year I only brought 5 or so birds, but this year I plan on showing more birds. I have to be careful which ones i choose since prices seem to be going up a little bit.

Another thing I noticed, increase in hotel room price. I booked at the same hotel I usually stay at in Anniston. It's usually $50 or so (I stay in cheap hotels, don't judge me lol.) but this time it's $70. I'm wondering if it's inflation or because of the influx of people from Florida fleeing the hurricane.

Another weekend, another show! This weekend's show is the Alabama Bantam Club Fall Show in Anniston Alabama. This show used to be in Clanton, Alabama but they moved to Anniston because the venue is cheaper. Better for me because it's closer! It is a double show and a bantam only show. So no large fowl or large ducks.

I entered the following birds:
  • White Call Duck old hen (Harper)
  • Pastel Call Duck young drake
  • White Bantam Wyandotte cockerel
  • White Bantam Wyandotte pullet
  • 3 Partridge Bantam Wyandotte pullets (one of which I have an eye on)
I have noticed that entry fees are kind of all over the place this year. Usually a single show entry fee is around $4-$5 per bird. Double shows are almost always $6 ($3 per show). The last show was $6 for double. This show in Anniston is $7 per bird, which adds up quickly I realized. Last year I only brought 5 or so birds, but this year I plan on showing more birds. I have to be careful which ones i choose since prices seem to be going up a little bit.

Another thing I noticed, increase in hotel room price. I booked at the same hotel I usually stay at in Anniston. It's usually $50 or so (I stay in cheap hotels, don't judge me lol.) but this time it's $70. I'm wondering if it's inflation or because of the influx of people from Florida fleeing the hurricane.
Shows are probably inflation, the hotel is probably a mix of both

Shows are probably inflation, the hotel is probably a mix of both
It's definitely both. Funny thing is that one of the large shows in KY is a double show with cash prizes and it's only $5 for both shows. I think it really depends on the club and how they allocate their funds. Along with venue prices, awards, etc.

Back
Top Bottom