3 And Half Year Old Silkie Hen Having Digestive Problems

@Debbie292d @Wyorp Rock Her crop is soft and feels like it has feed in it, I can "knead" it very easily. No strong smell coming from her beak. She's pooped within the last couple hours.

From what it says in this article it looks like I shouldn't be giving her any chicken feed. What SHOULD I feed her?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...ntion-and-treatments-of-crop-disorders.67194/

Here is a picture of her recent feces
How is she doing today? Sorry I didn't get around to seeing this until now.

How is she doing today? Sorry I didn't get around to seeing this until now.
That's alright. She's doing okay, eating some layer crumble mixed with water right now. She's pooped at least twice today, her crop is squishy, and there may be some chicken feed in it, unless I'm just feeling her papillae (the bumpy part of the skin where the feathers connect) being squeezed together.

That's alright. She's doing okay, eating some layer crumble mixed with water right now. She's pooped at least twice today, her crop is squishy, and there may be some chicken feed in it, unless I'm just feeling her papillae (the bumpy part of the skin where the feathers connect) being squeezed together.
Oh good, she's probably getting back to normal it sounds. Mine all love that mash too. I make it most days for the adults and the chicks. They get dry too, but sure love their mash!

I don't have any on hand, what should I get her?
You can get powdered probiotics that go in their water. We use Hydro-Hen here sometimes as it's electrolyte/probiotics. There are a lot of brands of those. Otherwise, just some regular yogurt, like a tblsp of it a day. Greek has more probiotics than most others.

You can get powdered probiotics that go in their water. We use Hydro-Hen here sometimes as it's electrolyte/probiotics. There are a lot of brands of those. Otherwise, just some regular yogurt, like a tblsp of it a day. Greek has more probiotics than most others.
I DO have some electrolytes, will that work?

Back
Top Bottom