3 WEEK CHICK WITH TUMOR??! HELP!

edit: during the day she is out on my bed on a shirt/ towel so she can run around and excerise her legs/wings. i dont keep her in her bed all day lol
Thanks for the photos and video.

The noise she's making is a comfort sound that chicks make, it's sweet.

I would place her on a hard surface like the floor instead on the bed. Place puppy pads on the floor to catch droppings and let her move around on a nice firm surface to exercise her legs. The bed and shirt/towel may be a bit too soft to get a good balance.

Do you notice if her legs are bowed or crooked? Can you get some photos of her standing on her own so we can see the position of her legs?

It wouldn't hurt to give her B-Complex daily to help with leg health. You can find the vitamin at Walmart, CVS, etc. Give her 1/4 tablet daily.

Thank you so much for your help! ill get those vitamins and start putting her on he floor. Im glad the noise she is making is a happy noise, google said it meant she was mad lol. Last night she tried roosting and has been preening for the first time (from what ive seen.) she looks less puffed up and my mom said she looks more energetic. I think she is doing good!
Heres a picture of her standing while eating. its not the best but i put her on a table with a thin towel over it
edit: what should i do for her neck? are they any chicken medicines you would recommend for that?

Attachments

• IMG_6843.jpeg
    IMG_6843.jpeg
    423.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
update... she is very active and very attatched to me now. Usually i can leave her on my bed when i go to get water or go to the bathroom. but i went to the bathroom, and when i came back she had climbed my laundry pile and pooped right on the top! 😂😅 she was crying and calling to me.. i swear it looked like she was going to fly onto my head when i walked in. her favorite sleeping place is currently nuzzled in my neck.

Thank you so much for your help! ill get those vitamins and start putting her on he floor. Im glad the noise she is making is a happy noise, google said it meant she was mad lol. Last night she tried roosting and has been preening for the first time (from what ive seen.) she looks less puffed up and my mom said she looks more energetic. I think she is doing good!
Heres a picture of her standing while eating. its not the best but i put her on a table with a thin towel over it
edit: what should i do for her neck? are they any chicken medicines you would recommend for that?
It looks like she's standing o.k. from what I can tell.
She's so cute!

For her neck, I'd apply a thin layer of triple antibiotic to the skin.

I'm glad she's doing better. Sounds like she was having a hard time walking on the soft bed, so giving her floor time on a hard surface along with the vitamins should help.

Keep me posted on how she's getting along.

Im going out to lunch but when i get back we will put the antibiotics on her neck. Thank you for the help! she is walking around outside in a chicken tractor and making happy noises. Last night i got 3 hours of sleep cus somebody learned that she had wings and could fly... 😅 I tried putting her in a box with cozy bedding on my floor but she was persistent. She really wanted to sleep on my chest. I put a towel over my shoulder and let her sleep in the crook of my neck. She was really happy. Today when i put her out on the concrete to check her walking i was pleased! She didnt fall over once. Shes doing more chicken things like sunbathing and dirt bathing. (or trying to dirt bath lol 😂)

this website is amazing! i tried reddit at first, it was a bust. barely anyone responded and if someone did they were just criticizing how i didnt tag it right or how i didnt add a description properly. ive never used reddit and it was hard to learn. This website and all of its members have been a big help! the first couple days i had her i cried every night imagining having to bury her with her favorite sock. now, i can be happy everynight imagining her all grown and healthly, with her favorite sock!!!

i will continue to update. Thank you all again!
:)

Im going out to lunch but when i get back we will put the antibiotics on her neck. Thank you for the help! she is walking around outside in a chicken tractor and making happy noises. Last night i got 3 hours of sleep cus somebody learned that she had wings and could fly... 😅 I tried putting her in a box with cozy bedding on my floor but she was persistent. She really wanted to sleep on my chest. I put a towel over my shoulder and let her sleep in the crook of my neck. She was really happy. Today when i put her out on the concrete to check her walking i was pleased! She didnt fall over once. Shes doing more chicken things like sunbathing and dirt bathing. (or trying to dirt bath lol 😂)

this website is amazing! i tried reddit at first, it was a bust. barely anyone responded and if someone did they were just criticizing how i didnt tag it right or how i didnt add a description properly. ive never used reddit and it was hard to learn. This website and all of its members have been a big help! the first couple days i had her i cried every night imagining having to bury her with her favorite sock. now, i can be happy everynight imagining her all grown and healthly, with her favorite sock!!!

i will continue to update. Thank you all again!
:)
She sounds like a sweetheart!

I'm glad she's improving. Yes, please do keep us posted.

Rex earlier today with his siblings, and rex sleeping in his bed with me for the night. I was going to put him in the tractor with the siblings, but one started pulling his eyelid back so i decided id let him out at day and keep him in at night.

i also put a layer of triple antibiotic on his neck. he kept trying to shake my fingers off lol. He seems fine now

he is very happy

Attachments

• IMG_6863.jpeg
    IMG_6863.jpeg
    638.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6862.jpeg
    IMG_6862.jpeg
    551 KB · Views: 14
here are better photos of the neck. Its weird, its almost in lumps. You can kinda see what i mean in the photos. I tried that triple antibiotic but i think her neck looks more red and im worried it's actually not good for her or something

Attachments

• IMG_6867.jpeg
    IMG_6867.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6868.png
    IMG_6868.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6869.png
    IMG_6869.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6870.png
    IMG_6870.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6871.png
    IMG_6871.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6872.png
    IMG_6872.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
When she's with the others, are they plucking or picking at her neck?

Is she scratching at her neck?
yes she scratches her neck alot and then makes the distress noise while shes doing it. One of her siblings pecks her eyelids and pulls at them but i push him away. i just put more triple antibiotics on her neck but is this blood in her poop or just coloring from something she ate? Does scratching her neck mean something?

Attachments

• IMG_6875.jpeg
    IMG_6875.jpeg
    529.4 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom