4 EEs Roos? Hens?

KKdaChickenTender

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2024
I bought 4 Easter Eggers that were supposed to be sexed pullets at TSC a few days before Easter(March 28) These are now about 11ish weeks old.
I am questioning the sex! While I have not had any of them crow.... I am still leaning toward roos... please tell me I'm wrong! The 1st picture is "Hawkeye" the 2nd & 3rd pics are of the same bird "Cheeks"
1000000587.jpg
1000000569.jpg
1000000571.jpg

They look like girls to me. No red combs, plus their combs would be much bigger by now. I knew for sure my EE roos were boys by 5 weeks due to their already pink and larger pea combs.

This is one of my boys at 8 weeks, he is a good example of a plump red pea comb. You can see a flash of red on the roo in the background, he's also sporting a fat red pea comb.
1718849453189.png

They look like girls to me. No red combs, plus their combs would be much bigger by now. I knew for sure my EE roos were boys by 5 weeks due to their already pink and larger pea combs.

This is one of my boys at 8 weeks, he is a good example of a plump red pea comb. You can see a flash of red on the roo in the background, he's also sporting a fat red pea comb.
View attachment 3867273
I sure hope you are right! I thought that about the combs too, but not really familiar with EEs. Thanks!

Agreed, these are both pullets. Their combs are not nearly large or red enough at 11 weeks to be cockerels and they have female specific coloring. Males would typically have darker breast feathers and more solid feather patches on their shoulders.

Back
Top Bottom